Todd L. Baker has always had a passion for helping people and that passion drove him to become a lawyer. He knew that his skill set was best suited helping those who have been wronged.
After clerking at a prestigious personal injury firm, he joined the 17th Circuit State Attorney’s Office to harness his trial skills and learn how to litigate. He was responsible for thousands of cases and argued hundreds of motions and non-jury trials before almost every criminal judge in the 17th Circuit for Broward County. He never backed down from a challenge – trying almost 50 jury trials.
He is certified by the Florida Public Safety Institute in Standardized Field Sobriety Testing, also known as roadside exercises. It takes tremendous compassion and empathy to forge bonds and trusting relationships with victims of DUI, burglaries, robberies and next of kin in homicide cases. The experience of fighting for victims of crime helps Todd pursue justice for victims of negligence and malpractice.
Todd left the State Attorney’s Office to work for a well-known and highly-regarded personal injury firm, where he worked on cases involving wrongful death, auto accidents, product liability, medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, negligent security, admiralty, premise liability, slip and falls, and intentional torts.
There is no greater feeling for Todd than knowing he helped right a wrong. We can never rewind the tape to undo tragedies, but Todd will do what he can to make it right.
- 2011 – Florida
- 2014 – U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- University of Michigan, B.A. in Economics and Political Science
- University of Florida, J.D., Cum Laude, with a Certificate in Intellectual Property
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Young Lawyer’s Section of the Broward County Bar Association
- President 2016
- 2012-Present: Director, Secretary and Treasurer-elect
- Broward County Bar Association
- Mentorship Chair, Law School Liaison, Membership Committee
- Broward County Justice Association
- 2015-Present: Director
- Florida Justice Association
- 2016-Present: Director
- Stephen R. Booher American Inns of Court
- B’Nai B’rith Justice Unit #5207
- Director, VP Programming
- Jewish Federation of Broward County
- Horizons Graduate 2015, Young Leaders Division Campaign Chair
- Broward Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Association for Justice
Seminars, Presentations and Speaking Engagements:
- Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar Practicing with Professionalism – Ft. Lauderdale, Spring 2015, Spring 2016, Fall 2016
- Broward County Bar Association – Young Lawyer’s Boot Camp Series #2 – “I thought my argument/deposition was great; what did the judge think” – Spring 2015
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broward Law Center – “How to get the interview and land the job” – Winter 2015
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broward Law Center – The Importance of Voluntary Bar Associations – Fall 2014
- Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar Practicing with Professionalism – Ft. Lauderdale, Fall 2013
Publications & Recognition
- YLS President’s Message
- Contributing Author for the Broward County Bar June Barrister Page 4 and Page 9
- BCBA Barrister Magazine May Page 12
- Award for Efforts During National Adoption Day
- YMCA Letter of gratitude for Florida Bar Young Lawyer 2015 Efforts