Were you or a loved one injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligent or reckless acts? You may be entitled to financial compensation. The only way to find out is to contact a trusted personal injury lawyer in Houston. From car accidents to product recalls and everything in between, look no further than Steinger, Greene & Feiner to take on your case.
Why Choose Steinger, Greene & Feiner?
When you need a Houston personal injury lawyer to handle your accident case, Steinger, Greene & Feiner is the name you can trust to get the job done and achieve the case results you want. Here’s a breakdown of the top six reasons why Houston residents choose us to represent them.
Affordable Legal Services
The last thing you should have to worry about when recovering from a car accident is paying for the legal counsel it takes to recover damages. That’s why we work on a contingency fee basis. Our payment is contingent upon the successful outcome of your case. You don’t pay until we win so you can have the peace of mind knowing we have your best interest at heart.
Maximum Financial Compensation
Recovering from a car accident isn’t cheap. From medical care to car repairs and lost wages, accident-related costs often result in a growing pile of bills that you may not have the money to cover. At Steinger, Greene & Feiner, we fight for your rights to secure maximum financial compensation for those accumulated costs.
When you trust Steinger, Greene & Feiner with your case, you can count on us to be there every step of the way. From the initial case evaluation to litigation, we’ve got you covered. Our lawyers also represent more than just car accident cases. They take on all types of personal injury cases. No matter your case type, our team has what it takes to win.
100% Virtual Communication
Whether you have a busy schedule or live hours away from the closest office location, visiting us in person isn’t always convenient. That’s why we have you covered with fully virtual communication options. From phone calls and texts to online chat, you can get in touch with our team anywhere, anytime.
If you’d rather discuss your case in person, we’ve got you covered there too. Our Texas personal injury lawyers have offices located in Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, and Austin. Click on your location of choice below to contact an attorney in that office:
What’s the point of hiring a car accident attorney if you can never get in touch with them when you need to? At Steinger, Greene & Feiner, we’re available 24/7 to answer all your case-related questions—even if they pop up outside of regular business hours. We’re the name you can trust to provide support when you need it.
"*" indicates required fields
Our Practice Areas
We represent all types of personal injury cases. Here are the most common ones our lawyers take on.
- Car accidents: Given how hazardous Houston roads are, car accidents can be devastating. Our lawyers will gather evidence and calculate damages to get you compensation.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists are more vulnerable to accidents than other motorists. If a vehicle took advantage of you on the road, we’ll hold them accountable for their actions.
- Property damage: Whether due to severe weather or human error, property damage can cause long-lasting damage for homeowners and business owners. We’re here to make things right again.
- Slip and fall accidents: A simple slip or fall can result in broken bones, torn muscles, and even brain damage. Let us secure the funds you need to ensure a full recovery.
- Truck accidents: Semi-trucks pose a major safety risk to other motorists on the road. They can fall over, rear-end, and side-swipe, causing serious injuries as a result. Our attorneys will make truckers and trucking companies pay for the damage they cause.
- Brain injuries: Whether it was caused by a car accident or medical malpractice, brain injuries can have lifelong effects. Our team will help you establish negligence and recover damages to cover subsequent costs.
- Dog bites: Although dogs are man’s best friend, some dogs cause harm. If a dog owner’s negligence caused their canine to bite you, we will secure the funds you need to pay for losses like ongoing pain, disfigurement, and emotional trauma.
- Medical malpractice: Doctors are supposed to be healers. But sometimes, patients end up paying for their negligence and recklessness. If medical malpractice resulted in life-altering injuries, we’ll get the compensation you need to heal physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- Wrongful death: Some accidents are catastrophic, resulting in the death of a loved one. Although nothing can replace that kind of loss, our compassionate lawyers will do whatever it takes to get your loved one the justice they deserve and get you the compensation you need to move forward.
Want to see what other personal injury case types we represent? Click below to learn more.
Understanding Personal Injury Law in Houston
Personal injury law is confusing, to say the least. That’s why having a legal expert on your side can be the difference between the success and failure of your accident case. While your Houston personal injury lawyer will explain all relevant rules and regulations, it doesn’t hurt to know these four key principles.
When it comes to winning a car accident case, it all boils down to proving negligence. Proving negligence is more complicated than it might seem from the outside looking in. The following four criteria must be met for the plaintiff to establish negligence.
- Duty: The defendant owed a duty of care to the plaintiff
- Breach: The defendant breached the duty of care
- Causation: The defendant’s actions caused the plaintiff’s injuries
- Damages: The plaintiff suffered a form of identifiable harm (physical, financial, etc.)
A plaintiff cannot receive compensation from the defendant—or their insurer—without proving negligence based on those four criteria. Gathering sufficient evidence is an effective way to build a strong case against the defendant. Here are some examples of evidence that helps prove negligence in personal injury cases:
- Photos and videos of the accident scene
- Witness statements
- The official police report or an accident report
- Testimony from expert witnesses
- Medical records
- Financial statements
Statute of Limitations
A statute of limitations is the amount of time you have from the date of your accident to file a claim. You can file a claim against the at-fault party, their insurer, or your insurer, depending on the details of your case.
The statute of limitations for most personal injury claims in Texas is two years. If a settlement agreement isn’t made, the plaintiff (the injured party) can sue the defendant (the at-fault party) for damages within this two-year period
Modified Comparative Negligence
Modified comparative negligence is a legal doctrine used to determine liability and award compensation in personal injury cases. Under this principle, the person who is injured in an accident can still recover damages from another party, even if they were partially at fault for the accident. However, the injured party’s compensation is reduced by a percentage equivalent to their level of fault.
Texas follows a 51% modified negligence rule, meaning that the plaintiff can recover damages if they share up to 50% of the liability. If the plaintiff shares 51% or more of the liability, they cannot recover damages. This method assigns responsibility for an accident fairly between parties involved based on their respective degrees of negligence.
Minimum Liability Coverage
Minimum liability coverage is the minimum amount of insurance coverage a Houston resident must hold to legally drive in the state of Texas. This coverage ensures that drivers have enough money to cover costs that may result from a car accident, whether or not they’re at fault for it.
The plaintiff is guaranteed financial compensation to pay for accident-related costs up to the policy limit. In other words, the victim won’t be held financially responsible for the negligent acts of the at-fault driver. The defendant doesn’t have to pay for the plaintiff’s damages out-of-pocket. Instead, their insurance policy provides the funds required to cover these costs.
The minimum liability coverage for Texas drivers is $30,000 per person for personal injury—totaling up to $60,000 per accident—and $25,000 for property damage. This is also known as 30/60/25 coverage.
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
Don’t try to navigate the complexities of Houston personal injury laws on your own. Let an experienced accident attorney at Steinger, Greene & Feiner help you out. When you trust us with your case, you can rest assured that we’ll walk alongside you from start to finish. Here are some of the ways we promise to help guide you through the personal injury process.
- Provide legal expertise: Our comprehensive legal services have helped countless personal injury victims in Houston get fair compensation for their injuries. If you want a proven method that will help you win your case, call Steinger, Greene & Feiner today.
- Evaluate your case: Determining whether you have grounds to file a personal injury claim is the first step in the process. Your lawyer will evaluate your case to determine whether it meets all four criteria required to prove negligence and file a claim against the defendant.
- Craft a legal strategy: Once we determine that your case meets the criteria for proving negligence, we’ll craft a legal strategy that outlines the details of your case and a plan for further action against the defendant.
- Follow guidelines and meet deadlines: Upon filing a claim, you must provide certain information by a certain date to remain compliant with personal injury laws. Your lawyer’s job is to handle all documentation and paperwork filing for you, ensuring that deadlines are met.
See Why Houston Car Accident Victims Choose Us
“I went to one attorney with my case and I didn’t hear anything from them via text, phone, email nothing. Within a couple of hours, I get a text letting me know the lawyers are working on my case and they will be in touch with me. I love that because you need to know what’s going on with your case without you having to call them and see what’s going on.”– Sheila Stokes
“Steinger, Greene & Feiner was the first Law Firm I ever worked with, and they were absolutely incredible. The first time I spoke with Garrett, he was so patient in explaining how these things work while genuinely sympathizing with me and my situation, talking me through the process, and immediately connecting me with the medical staff necessary to help in the healing process. If you ever need a law firm, definitely consider them. Garrett took my case which was practically nothing, and turned it into a case where I got the compensation I needed for my car accident.”– Steven Honaker
“I’d like to thank Christina and her team they all really exceeded all my expectations! They handled my case in a very professional and timely manner I never had to worry or handle anything! If it wasn’t for this team of professionals I fear the insurance company would’ve beat me out of the care and money I deserved. I highly recommend this law office they’re dedicated to getting you the money and care you deserve after a life-changing experience such as the car accident I was in. Thanks so much!!”– April Scarffol
Contact Us for a Free Case Evaluation
Did you or a loved one suffer injuries or sustain damages from an accident that someone else caused? Steinger, Greene & Feiner is the personal injury lawyer that Houston residents trust to represent their auto wreck and other accident cases. As your trusted legal advocates, we’re dedicated to fighting for your rights until justice is served and maximum compensation is secured. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
FREE Case Evaluation. Easy. Quick. Confidential.