If you were injured in a truck accident or hit by a semi-truck, or any other commercial trucking vehicle, you should fight for compensation. Were you traveling home from work, from running errands, or visiting loved ones? A track accident like this can be sudden and more dangerous than anyone expects. Commercial trucks are powerful, heavy, and fast-moving vehicles that can leave a trail of destruction. If you were injured in a truck accident, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries.
There are several factors that can cause a truck accident to be more serious than others, including speed, road conditions, and whether there was alcohol involved. But on the whole, accidents involving commercial trucks are generally worse than those only involving small vehicles – sometimes dramatically worse. And those injured in a truck accident can attest to that.
At Steinger, Greene & Feiner, we have experience helping the victims of many kinds of vehicle accidents in Tampa, Coral Gables, Miami, West Palm Beach, Port St. Lucie, Okeechobee, Fort Lauderdale, and Nashville, to name just a few of our office locations. People who have been hit by a truck are often the most frustrated of all – after all, they are up against not just another driver, but often against a multimillion-dollar company that wants to protect its interests. Getting fair compensation for their injuries can seem daunting.
Why It Can Be Difficult for Drivers to Get Compensation Without a Lawyer
Truck accident lawyers will often increase plaintiffs’ overall compensation by 350%. (Worldcat.org), which means that lawyers not only make the case easier, but you will likely end up making more because you decided to hire a lawyer after being injured in a truck accident.
- Worse injuries: Trucks are larger and have more mass than other vehicles, meaning they do more damage. When a truck hits a normal car, the injuries involved can be severe.
- Multiple parties: Since commercial trucks are so large, they often block lanes when they get in an accident which can cause more vehicles to hit them. Sorting out what happened is often more difficult.
- Trucking companies: Individual drivers may want their trucking company to take the blame, and the company may blame the driver. We can help you stop the shell game and figure out who is truly at fault.
- Big insurance: Fighting an insurance company is always difficult, but trucking companies take out major policies to cover their liability, and insurance companies are beholden to them. Insurance companies may fight harder than ever against paying for an expensive commercial truck accident.
All of these factors mean that going it alone after a truck accident is often a confusing and difficult process. Accident victims who have legal assistance will have a clearer idea of their rights, will understand how best to proceed with their case, and will have a smart strategy going into the courtroom – or the bargaining table. Experienced attorneys like our legal team at Steinger, Greene & Feiner can make a substantial difference in your case even just by giving you guidance in a free consultation. And if you choose us to represent you, you will have esteemed attorneys fighting for your rights every step of the way.
5 Steps to Take After You Are Injured in a Truck Accident
We give the same advice to all of our clients, no matter what kind of accident you are in, you should follow these steps to the letter. Clients who follow these steps will almost always have an easier time dealing with the legal journey.
- Report the Accident Immediately: Be sure to call the police immediately and file a report. Have an officer come to the scene if possible and let them take notes about the accident. When the report is finished, ask the officer for a copy of it for your records.
- Get Examined by a Medical Professional: You should be examined and assessed by a medical professional as soon as possible. If you were injured in a truck accident, you must be able to prove those injuries to the insurance company and in court if necessary.
- Follow The Treatment Plan: Do not deviate from the treatment plan. It is so important that you follow the doctor’s orders because if you do not and the injury worsens, you may have a harder time getting the compensation you deserve.
- Be Open and Honest with Your Lawyer: Tell your lawyer everything about the accident as soon as possible. Be honest and remember that your personal injury lawyer is on your side and here to help you.
- Document Everything: It’s not just what you know, it’s also what you can prove and the more you document, especially from sources like the police and medical professionals, the better your case will be.
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident caused by a commercial semi, don’t let your opportunity for justice slip away. Trust Steinger, Greene & Feiner to help you win compensation for your injuries, your damaged or destroyed car, even your lost time from work. Call Steinger, Greene & Feiner today.