Miami Truck Accident Attorney
Even with U.S. state and federal safety requirements, truck drivers still make dangerous choices that lead to accidents. Collisions like these may result in serious injury or death for innocent victims.
If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident, Steinger, Greene & Feiner is here to help. Our attorneys have helped thousands of truck accident victims receive the compensation they deserve.
While every case is different, our track record has earned our firm a place on the Best Law Firms list. In addition, our attorneys are members of the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. We put our legal knowledge to work to benefit you.
Schedule a free consultation with our legal team today.
What Should You Do After a Truck Accident?
After a truck accident, it is important to call the police right away. Law enforcement will write an accident report with what they believe the cause of the crash to be. This information is invaluable to proving whether the truck driver is to blame.
Next, collect witness contact information and seek immediate medical attention. You should be compensated for all injuries arising from a truck crash, so it is important to have proof of your injuries.
If it is clear the truck driver was to blame, the driver’s insurer and/or the insurer representing the trucking company may begin to negotiate a settlement. You should hire a Miami truck accident lawyer to negotiate on your behalf. We deal with insurance companies daily and know the tactics they use to get victims to settle for less.
Since you cannot change your mind once you’ve settled, never sign anything before you have a lawyer look at it. If you cannot agree on a fair settlement, your case will go on to court. An experienced litigator from Steinger, Greene & Feiner can help you seek compensation if the truck driver and/or trucking company was to blame for your injuries.
Common Types of Truck Accidents in Miami
Truck accidents can happen for any number of reasons. A long-haul trucker works 60 hours per week and drives more than 107,000 miles per year according to Center of Disease Control and Prevention.
They are at risk of drowsy and distracted driving, and the consequences can be fatal. However, some types of truck accidents are much more common than others.
No matter the type or cause of the truck accident, if you’re injured in a wreck because the truck driver did something wrong, you may be entitled to compensation. Our Miami truck accident attorneys will review your case for free to help you determine your legal options.
Our Miami truck accident attorneys will review your case for free to help you determine your legal options.
Some of the most common types of truck accidents include:
- Jackknifing: When a truck brakes too hard or too quickly, the cab of the truck may “fold” against the trailer, so that the cab is essentially looking back at the trailer.
- Rollovers: Rollovers usually occur when a truck goes too fast around a curve, causing the trailer to become unbalanced and, well, rollover. High winds can also cause a rollover.
- Sideswipes: If another vehicle drives in the blindspots of a truck, the truck may hit that vehicle when it changes lanes. It may also force a driver off the road.
- Wide turns: Semi-trucks generally have to make wide turns, and if someone is in the other lane they need to use to make that turn, a head-on collision may occur.
- Rear-end collisions: The bigger the vehicle, the harder it is to brake. Semi-trucks can’t come to a stop quickly, so rear-end collisions are common.
- Mechanical failure accidents: Some accidents are caused by something on the truck failing, such as the braking system, or by a tire blowing out.
Common Injuries After a Truck Accident
Because of the sheer size of semi-trucks, accidents with these vehicles often result in severe, and sometimes fatal, injuries. These injuries can take a lifetime to recover from. With the right Miami truck accident lawyer fighting for you, you have a better chance of getting the compensation you deserve to help you recover after your wreck.
Some of the most common truck accident injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries can occur because your body was thrown around in the wreck, the spinal cord was crushed, or for other reasons. Spinal cord injuries often cause temporary or permanent paralysis or death.
- Back and neck injuries: Besides the spinal cord, the muscles, tendons and ligaments in your back and neck can cause serious issues. One of the most common back or neck injuries is whiplash, which can have long-lasting effects.
- Head injuries: Head injuries and traumatic brain injury (TBI) can range from mild to severe. Even mild TBIs can have a serious impact on your quality of life, and serious ones can be fatal.
- Broken bones: Because our bodies aren’t designed to withstand the impact of a truck accident, broken bones in the face, ribs, arms and legs are common. Broken ribs can also lead to organ punctures or lacerations.
- Wrongful death: In far too many cases, truck accidents result in fatalities. If the truck driver is at fault for the accident, they may be held liable for wrongful death damages, such as medical bills, funeral expenses and more.
Relentless Legal Representation for Miami Injury Victims
A personal injury can occur in a variety of ways, but almost all have the same results in common. Suddenly, your life is disrupted and possibly jeopardized physically, emotionally, and financially by an accident or incident which could have been prevented.
Compensation for Truck Accident Damages
The truck driver can be held legally liable for any serious injuries that result from a violation of federal or state safety regulations, and for any injuries that occur as a result of careless or unsafe driving.
The driver is not the only one who could be required to pay damages, as trucking companies are liable both for the actions of employees who are on the job as well as for any negligence in their policies such as a failure to properly train drivers. Whether you take action against the driver, the trucking company or both, you should be compensated for:
- Medical treatment costs, including any necessary future medical expenses
- Lost income if a temporary or permanent absence from work or reduction in earning power results from injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- The wrongful death of a close family member
A Miami truck accident lawyer can help you understand what your case may be worth and will fight to ensure you get the full amount of money you deserve.
Steinger, Greene & Feiner has a history of helping accident victims like you win cases and obtain substantial trial verdicts or insurance settlements. Some of our past successful case results involving truck accidents include:
- $8.1 MILLION Truck Accident Verdict for a client rear-ended by a wrecker truck, which resulted in significant injuries that rendered him no longer able to work and caused a loss in his capacity to enjoy life.
- $4.8 MILLION Work Truck Accident Verdict for a client involved in an accident with a homemade trailer that failed to satisfy Florida safety regulations, which was operated by a driver who disobeyed traffic laws after an initial collision with a school bus.
- $1.4 MILLION Truck Accident Verdict for a client injured in a collision involving multiple tractor trailers, requiring surgery and leading to an inability to enjoy certain recreational activities with his son.
How Much Can Our Miami Truck Accident Lawyer at Steinger, Greene & Feiner Get You?
At Steinger, Greene & Feiner, our dedicated Miami truck accident lawyers understand how much is at stake when you suffer truck accident losses. We’re here to answer your questions, review your case and advocate for you.
You pay no legal fees unless you win and we will treat your case with the importance it deserves in every situation. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.