MIAMI, FL TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Truck drivers must have a commercial driver’s license and special training to operate large big rigs and tractor-trailers on the road. Unfortunately, even with state and federal safety requirements, truck drivers still make careless or dangerous choices that lead to auto accidents. The results of these collisions can include serious injury or even death for innocent victims. If you were injured or a loved one was killed in a crash caused by a truck driver, Steinger, Greene & Feiner is here to help. Our Miami truck accident attorneys have represented thousands of clients and have helped obtain significant compensation for victims. While every case is different, our track record of success has earned our firm a place on the list of the Best Law Firms and has earned our attorneys places in the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. We can put our legal knowledge to work to help you, so schedule a free consultation with a member of our legal team today.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO AFTER A TRUCK ACCIDENT?
After a truck accident occurs, it is important to call the police right away. Law enforcement will write an accident report detailing what they believe the cause of the crash to be. This will be invaluable in potentially proving the truck driver was to blame for the accident. Getting the contact information of witnesses is also important. Seek immediate medical help to get wounds treated and injuries documented. You should be fully compensated for all injuries arising from a truck crash so it is important to have proof of how badly you were hurt in a collision. If it is clear the truck driver was to blame, the driver’s insurer and/or the insurer representing the trucking company may begin to negotiate a settlement. You should have representation from a Miami truck accident lawyer as you may be pressured to settle your case for less than you deserve. Never sign anything before you have a lawyer look at it, because you cannot change your mind once you’ve settled. If you cannot agree on a fair payout to settle a case, your case will go on to court and an experienced litigator from Steinger, Greene & Feiner will help you prove you are entitled to compensation because the truck driver and/or trucking company was to blame for your injuries.
Common Types of Truck Accidents in Miami
Truck accidents can happen for any number of reasons. A long-haul trucker works 60 hours per week and drives more than 107,000 miles per year according to Center of Disease Control and Prevention. They are at risk of drowsy and distracted driving, and the consequences can be fatal. alHowever, some types of truck accidents are much more common than others. No matter the type or cause of the truck accident, if you’re injured in a wreck because the truck driver did something wrong, you may be entitled to compensation. Our Miami truck accident attorneys will review your case for free to help you determine your legal options.
Some of the most common types of truck accidents include:
- Jackknifing: When a truck brakes too hard or too quickly, the cab of the truck may “fold” against the trailer, so that the cab is essentially looking back at the trailer.
- Rollovers: Rollovers usually occur when a truck goes too fast around a curve, causing the trailer to become unbalanced and, well, roll over. High winds can also cause a rollover.
- Sideswipes: If another vehicle drives in the blindspots of a truck, the truck may hit that vehicle when it changes lanes. It may also force a driver off the road.
- Wide turns: Semi-trucks generally have to make wide turns, and if someone is in the other lane they need to use to make that turn, a head-on collision may occur.
- Rear-end collisions: The bigger the vehicle, the harder it is to brake. Semi-trucks can’t come to a stop quickly, so rear-end collisions are common.
- Mechanical failure accidents: Some accidents are caused by something on the truck failing, such as the braking system, or by a tire blowing out.
Common Injuries After a Truck Accident
Because of the sheer size of semi-trucks, accidents with these vehicles often result in severe, and sometimes fatal, injuries. These injuries can take a lifetime to recover from. With the right Miami truck accident lawyer fighting for you, you have a better chance of getting the compensation you deserve to help you recover after your wreck.
Some of the most common truck accident injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries can occur because your body was thrown around in the wreck, the spinal cord was crushed, or for other reasons. Spinal cord injuries often cause temporary or permanent paralysis or death.
- Back and neck injuries: Besides the spinal cord, the muscles, tendons and ligaments in your back and neck can cause serious issues. One of the most common back or neck injuries is whiplash, which can have long-lasting effects.
- Head injuries: Head injuries and traumatic brain injury (TBI) can range from mild to severe. Even mild TBIs can have a serious impact on your quality of life, and serious ones can be fatal.
- Broken bones: Because our bodies aren’t designed to withstand the impact of a truck accident, broken bones in the face, ribs, arms and legs are common. Broken ribs can also lead to organ punctures or lacerations.
- Wrongful death: In far too many cases, truck accidents result in fatalities. If the truck driver is at fault for the accident, they may be held liable for wrongful death damages, such as medical bills, funeral expenses and more.
RELENTLESS LEGAL REPRESENTATION FOR MIAMI INJURY VICTIMS
A personal injury can occur in a variety of ways, but almost all have the same results in common. Suddenly, your life is disrupted and possibly jeopardized physically, emotionally, and financially by an accident or incident which could have been prevented.
AWARDS & MEMBERSHIPS
Recent Case Results
COMPENSATION FOR TRUCK ACCIDENT DAMAGES
The truck driver can be held legally liable for any serious injuries that result from a violation of federal or state safety regulations, and for any injuries that occur as a result of careless or unsafe driving. The driver is not the only one who could be required to pay damages, as trucking companies are liable both for the actions of employees who are on the job as well as for any negligence in their policies such as a failure to properly train drivers. Whether you take action against the driver, the trucking company or both, you should be compensated for:
- medical treatment costs, including any necessary future medical expenses
- lost income if a temporary or permanent absence from work or reduction in earning power results from injuries
- pain and suffering
- emotional distress
- the wrongful death of a close family member
A Miami truck accident lawyer can help you understand what your case may be worth and will fight to ensure you get the full amount of money you deserve.
HOW MUCH CAN OUR MIAMI TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER AT STEINGER, GREENE & FEINER GET YOU?
At Steinger, Greene & Feiner, our dedicated Miami truck accident lawyers understand how much is at stake when you suffer truck accident losses. We’re here to answer your questions, review your case and advocate for you. You pay no legal fees unless you win and we will treat your case with the importance it deserves in every situation. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
we’re here to help
Free Case Evaluation