Coral Gables Truck Accident Attorney
Sharing the road with truck drivers in Coral Gables always comes with risks. Any mistake a truck driver makes can have catastrophic consequences – usually for the driver of the smaller vehicle.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident with a semi-truck, a Coral Gables truck accident lawyer at Steinger, Greene & Feiner is here to help. Although every truck accident case is different, we pride ourselves on our successful track record with years of experience serving our clients. We’re confident we can put our legal knowledge to work serving you, too.
When you’re a victim of a truck accident, you shouldn’t have to worry about how you’re going to pay for damages, medical bills, injuries, and lost wages on your own. Call us today at (786) 220-2990 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation to see what we can do to help you.
What to Do After a Truck Accident
As with any automobile accident, it’s important to first assess any injuries and call an ambulance if anyone is critically injured. After that, call the police. An officer will file a police report with information about the accident and all parties involved, including statements from you, the other driver, and any eyewitnesses.
However, you shouldn’t just leave it up to the police to gather evidence at the scene of the accident. You can also gather evidence, taking photos to document any damages to your vehicle, roadway conditions and markings, injuries, and the other vehicle.
Finally, don’t forget to write down the contact and insurance information of the other driver, as well as any contact information from witnesses.
Should You Accept a Settlement?
If it’s clear that the truck driver is to blame for the accident, the driver’s insurance company or the insurer representing the trucking company may begin negotiating a settlement.
You must hire a Coral Gables truck accident attorney to assist with settlement negotiations. An experienced attorney knows how insurance companies try to shortchange accident victims. Your lawyer will work to ensure that you receive the legal compensation you deserve.
We know from firsthand experience that insurance companies – even your own – are not your friend. Their ultimate goal is to get you to settle for as little as possible. Too often, truck accident victims agree to a low settlement in an effort to put the case behind them and move on with their lives as quickly as possible.
However, losing the compensation they need to cover medical expenses and damages to their vehicle hurts them in the long run. That’s why it’s important that you never sign anything until a truck accident attorney has looked it over.
An experienced attorney at Steinger, Greene & Feiner can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to make sure you receive a fair settlement. If you and your insurance company cannot agree, your case will go to court.
Common Types of Truck Accidents in Coral Gables
Since truckers often drive long hours, it’s always possible that a trucker is driving drowsy or distracted. One mistake or lapse in concentration can prove disastrous.
There are a few types of truck accidents that tend to be more common than others. A truck accident attorney will review your case and determine your legal options in one of these scenarios:
- Jackknifing: The driver brakes too hard too quickly, causing the cab to fold backward against the trailer of the truck
- Rollovers: A truck goes too fast around a curve, causing it to topple over
- Sideswipes: A truck changes lanes, hitting another driver traveling in its blindspot or forcing that driver off the road entirely
- Wide turns: a truck makes a wide turn, hitting a driver in the opposite lane
- Rear-end collisions: Trucks take longer to brake than smaller vehicles, which means that the need to make a sudden stop can cause the truck to hit the car in front of it
- Mechanical failure: If the brakes give out or a tire blows, the trucker may lose control of the vehicle
Common Injuries in a Truck Accident
When one of the above situations happens, the truck’s enormous size means that serious or even fatal injuries are highly likely. Some of the most common types of truck accident injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries: These are serious and can cause temporary or permanent paralysis
- Back and neck injuries: Common injury due to the body being thrown violently forward during a collision (known as whiplash)
- Head injuries: Concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can range from mild to severe with lifelong repercussions
- Broken bones: Broken bones in the face, ribs, wrists, arms, and legs are common and can lead to secondary complications
- Wrongful death: If the truck driver was at fault in the wreck, he may be held liable for wrongful death damages, including medical expenses, funeral bills, and more
Get Experienced Legal Representation from a Coral Gables Truck Accident Lawyer
Were you or a loved one recently involved in a truck accident in Coral Gables where the other driver was at fault? You shouldn’t have to worry about how you’re going to pay for your medical expenses and other damages while you concentrate on recovering from your injuries.
Let an experienced truck accident attorney from our team at Steinger, Greene & Feiner handle the insurance company for you. We’ll work tirelessly to get you on the road to recovery as quickly as possible.
Call us today at (786) 220-2990 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. Find out more about the cases we’ve handled successfully as well as the knowledge and resources we can bring to your unique situation. You don’t pay us unless we win your case, so call us today.