Negligence is a Top Cause of Brain Injury
Many brain injuries occur as a direct result of negligence. For example:
- Caregiver.org reports that car accidents cause 28 percent of brain injuries. Car accidents often occur when a driver speeds, drives drunk, is distracted or makes other careless and dangerous decisions behind the wheel.
- The Mayo Clinic lists falls as the top cause of brain injuries, especially for senior citizens and young children. Falls can occur when a nursing home fails to take care of patrons, or when a business, public entity or individual fails to maintain a property before inviting people in.
- The Mayo Clinic also indicates that around 10 percent of brain injuries happen because of violence. A person who assaults someone or commits a gun crime has broken the law and has put the victim at serious risk.
Laws in Florida allow individuals injured as a result of negligence or intentional wrongdoing to take legal action and obtain compensation. A Miami brain injury lawyer can evaluate the circumstances leading to a brain injury and can help you determine if you have a legal claim against another person or company for causing your brain injury.
RELENTLESS LEGAL REPRESENTATION FOR MIAMI INJURY VICTIMS
A personal injury can occur in a variety of ways, but almost all have the same results in common. Suddenly, your life is disrupted and possibly jeopardized physically, emotionally, and financially by an accident or incident which could have been prevented.
Recent Case Results
Your Right to Compensation
Under Florida laws, you should be “made whole” for all losses caused by a brain injury. Unfortunately, the symptoms of brain injury are far-reaching and can affect all aspects of your life. For example, some of the common consequences of a brain injury can include:
- Coma or inability to wake up
- Mood changes or personality changes
- Cognitive impairments
- Impaired judgment and difficulty concentrating
- Muscle control problems
You deserve to be compensated not just for the medical treatments necessary to resolve the problems caused by brain injury but also for the decreased quality of life that results from pain or from permanent impairment. Additionally, if a brain injury has caused the death of a family member, you should be entitled to compensation for the lost companionship as well as for the lost financial support your loved one was providing.
Get Help from a Miami Brain Injury Lawyer
A Miami brain injury attorney at Steinger, Greene & Feiner can help you understand your rights so you can take action and pursue the compensation you need and deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
we’re here to help
Free Case Evaluation