Florida Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Florida is a state with wonderful attractions, beautiful beaches, and a thriving city scene. Whether a person is cycling through downtown Jacksonville, taking a jog, or walking their children to school, they shouldn’t have to worry about negligent, distracted, or reckless drivers on the roads they share.
However, Florida is known as the deadliest state to pedestrians. According to a 2019 report by Smart Growth America, Florida has the highest per capita deaths in pedestrian accidents. On their list of the 20 deadliest cities for pedestrians, Florida cities claim nine spots, including Orlando, Jacksonville, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and more.
If you or a loved one was struck by a negligent motorist, you are entitled to compensation. Let the team at Steinger, Green & Feiner professionally investigate your case and ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Walking down the street shouldn’t be a dangerous activity. Florida’s reckless, careless drivers make this untrue. At Steinger, Greene & Feiner, we know that car accidents can have dire consequences. Any accident involving a pedestrian and a vehicle has a higher chance of more severe injuries or fatalities.
The cost of life-saving procedures after a serious pedestrian accident could cost thousands and thousands of dollars, not to mention the traumatic impact it may have on the injured and their loved ones. The victim may no longer be able to work, or they may never be able to enjoy the activities they once did.
The lawsuit should include compensation for:
- Medical treatment costs
- Future medical costs
- Loss of income
- Pain, suffering, and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Funeral and burial costs
- Wrongful death
Steinger, Greene & Feiner knows what it takes to get you the compensation you deserve. We know what should be included in a settlement and how to ease the burden in the aftermath of a pedestrian accident. Some of our past successful case results involving pedestrians include:
- $2.3 MILLION for a bicyclist who was hit with a company car.
- $7.5 MILLION for a bicyclist who was hit by a distracted driver and had multiple broken bones, several surgeries, and the eventual amputation of his leg.
- $13 MILLION for a bicyclist who sustained serious injuries after being hit by a car.
Pedestrian accidents can include severe injuries or even fatalities. With Florida containing many of the most dangerous cities for pedestrians, Steinger, Greene & Feiner knows exactly what to fight for. We offer free consultations to the injured and are backed by experience and extensive resources. Call and speak with an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer or speak to any specialist at our Florida personal injury law firm.
Choosing us means you’re choosing a law firm that won’t push you to the side. You deserve compensation for your pain and suffering – let us help you.
Most Common Type of Injuries Following a Pedestrian Accident
Here are some common injuries associated with pedestrian accidents.
- Lacerations – cuts or scrapes can occur in nearly all pedestrian accidents. These lacerations can lead to more serious issues like infections or possible amputation.
- Broken bones – This happens in pedestrian accidents frequently, especially in the lower extremities, but broken bones can happen all over the body.
- Pelvis fracture – If the pelvis is fractured in a pedestrian accident, it can cause limitations to movement and more. This quite serious injury can have lingering issues in the future.
- Tendon or ligament injuries – When your tendons or ligaments are torn, cut, or damaged, it can inhibit mobility, which limits your capacity to work or enjoy life as you once did.
- Concussions – Hitting your head hard enough to cause brain swelling may lead to serious issues like brain damage, coma, or an inability to focus.
- Neck and spine injuries – Both of these injuries can result in a limited capacity to work or move, and may even result in paralysis.
- Skull fracture
Pedestrian Accident Reasons
Most pedestrian accidents are caused by the negligent or careless inattentiveness of a motorist. Our pedestrian accident attorneys know how to look for and present the negligence of drivers. The following are the most common forms of negligence in pedestrian-car accidents.
- Driver inattention
- Driving carelessly
- Calling using a mobile device
- Disobeying federal and state laws
- Focusing too intently on a GPS, putting on makeup, eating, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Why Choose Us?
You pay no legal fees until your lawsuit is settled. We know the financial strain of huge medical bills can be daunting, but when you hire Steinger, Greene & Feiner, your medical bills, out-of-pocket costs, and pain and suffering will be included in your settlement.
We want you to focus on your family at this time, so let us take care of your pedestrian accident case. We will make the process as simple and quick as we can.