What to do when you get into a car accident in West Palm Beach?
- First and foremost, make sure you are safe and have received proper medical care and then Call Steinger, Greene and Feiner for all of your auto accident needs.
- Stay Put: Florida law requires you to stay put after an accident. Don’t leave. Make sure everyone is safe. It doesn’t matter if the accident involves a pedestrian, a moving car, a parked car or someone’s property. You must stop and stay at the scene to exchange information or render reasonable assistance to the injured. If you leave, you could be charged with hit-and-run and face severe criminal penalties such a suspended or revoked driver’s license.
- Attend to your Injuries: Get medical treatment right away. Call 911 or see your doctor as soon as possible. Sometimes symptoms of serious injuries appear later. Having a record of receiving medical treatment will also be helpful if you need to make a legal claim later.
- Contact the Police: You should always call the police, even if it’s a minor accident–especially if you think the other driver is drunk on drugs or both. Call the West Palm Beach Police, Florida Highway Patrol or 911 as soon as possible. A police officer will respond to your location and take a report. If the police take a report, you may not have to report the accident to Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
Information Exchange with the other driver:
- Driver’s license number
- Vehicle identification number of the car
- Name and address of the car’s owner
- Name and address of the insurance company and the insurance policy number.
- Any passengers in the other car
- Any witnesses to the accident
- Take photographs of the accident scene, property damage, and any injuries, if possible.
- Talk to a Lawyer: Call Steinger, Greene & Feiner – we specialize in car accident cases. We offer the No Fee Guarantee, so you do not pay attorney fees unless we win your case.