Tampa Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
The spinal cord acts as a pathway for sensory information between the body and the brain. It plays a crucial role in carrying out the functions of everyday life, so life can be very difficult for victims of spinal injuries.
While slip-and-fall accidents can cause spinal cord damage, automobile accidents are the leading cause of Tampa spine injuries. These accidents can result in permanent and devastating injuries, including displaced vertebrae and blood clots. In extreme cases, this trauma leads to a partial or complete severing of the spinal cord.
The spine is extremely delicate, so the cost of an injury is very high financially, physically, and emotionally. It’s crucial for spinal cord injury victims to understand their options.
Whether your spinal cord injury resulted from a Tampa car accident or other circumstance, you can take legal action and pursue compensation from the person or company that failed to fulfill its safety obligations.
Call Steinger, Greene & Feiner at (813) 553-5352 or contact us online to schedule your free, confidential, no obligation consultation with a Tampa personal injury attorney today or visit us at our offices: 201 N. Armenia Ave, Tampa FL 33609.
Real Case Results
Steinger, Greene & Feiner have settled many spinal cord injury cases.
- $1.475 million was awarded by a jury to a client who suffered lumbar injuries following an accident with an 18-wheeler. The client underwent an L4-L5 laminectomy surgery and was awarded a settlement of $195,000 for medical expenses, $825,000 for pain and suffering, and $450,000 in lost wages.
- A Steinger, Greene & Feiner attorney obtained a $610,000 settlement for his client who was injured in an auto accident. The victim was transported from the scene of the crash to undergo emergency spinal surgery. Initially, the client’s insurance agency denied liability without any independent eyewitness accounts. However, the victim’s attorney successfully demonstrated that the accident occurred as a result of the other driver’s negligence and received a $610,000 settlement from the insurance agency.
- Steinger, Greene & Feiner attorney Howard Weitzner successfully obtained a $250,000 settlement for a client who was rear-ended at high speed. The victim’s car was declared a total loss. He was taken to the emergency room and began a short course of conservative pain management, then underwent a cervical disk herniation surgery. He reported immediate relief from his neck pain and numbness in his arms and hands and is expected to make a full recovery.
My case couldn't have been handled better. It was handled in a timely manner - it wasn't rushed. If something ever happened again and I needed an attorney, Steinger, Greene & Feiner would be the first place I would go.
Steinger, Greene & Feiner can help you take legal action and get the money you need to treat your injury. Our experienced personal injury lawyers have represented more than 32,000 clients since 1997.
As Tampa spinal cord injury attorneys, we can help you enforce your right to full and fair compensation if you were injured as the result of an individual, business, or industry’s negligence. Learn how we can help you recover compensation while you focus on rehabilitation.
Awards & Memberships
Types of Spinal Cord Injuries:
- Complete – Causes permanent damage to the spinal cord. Paraplegia and tetraplegia are examples of these injuries.
- Incomplete – Causes partial damage to the spinal cord. Rehabilitation is possible.
- Cervical – These spinal injuries most often affect the head and neck, occasionally resulting in quadriplegia.
- Lumbar – Injuries to the L1-L5 vertebra (low back) affect the hips and legs, resulting in loss of function in these areas.
- Thoracic – Trauma to the thoracic spine can cause severe back pain, as well as affecting the chest and abdominal muscles.
- Sacral – These injuries are less common than the above, but can affect the hips, legs, and pelvic organs, occasionally resulting in loss of function in these areas.
Why Choose Us?
At Steinger, Greene & Feiner, we are dedicated to helping victims of spinal cord injuries in Tampa receive treatment and regain their lives. Our goal is to get you a fair settlement so you can care for yourself and your family while getting the medical care that you need.
Contact Steinger, Greene & Feiner at our Tampa law offices today and set up a free consultation. We will help evaluate your chances of success and lay out the options that may be available to you. Our Tampa personal injury lawyers fight relentlessly for your settlement and, when necessary, aren’t afraid to take a case in front of a judge and jury.
- Paraplegia (paralysis of the legs and lower body), but able to function independently
- Needing to use a wheelchair or, if able to walk, braces or other walking device
- Inability to control bladder or bowels
- Being engaged in other activities while driving (distracted driving)
- Speeding or not following roadway laws
- Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.