Parker Ridge is proud of its historic homes and diverse blocks. Those blocks can see lots of traffic, though, which leads to major car accidents that happen at nearly any time.
Florida’s Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Department reports that Palm Beach County as a whole experienced 27,273 total car accidents in 2017. Because of those accidents, 15,912 people were badly hurt and 162 were killed.
Anyone who gets injured in a car accident in Parker Ridge can file under their personal injury protection (PIP) insurance to pay for the costs of their medical treatment and other losses. If they have serious injuries, then they can file a claim against any at-fault drivers and other parties who directly caused the accident.
Whether filing a claim on your insurance or someone else’s, it always helps to have a Parker Ridge car accident lawyer represent your case. A lawyer from Steinger, Greene & Feiner can help you deal with insurers and estimate the full costs of your injury, not just part of it. While no case is guaranteed, the services of our experienced injury lawyers can increase the chances that you get the maximum amount of money for your settlement.
Learn about your options for filing an injury claim or lawsuit after your car wreck during a free case review. Schedule your case review now when you call 1-800-916-8108 or contact us online using our quick, easy form.
Dos and Don’ts after your car accident in Parker Ridge
- Check to see who is hurt, and then call 911
- Stay at the place where the accident happened until police arrive
- Take pictures of the accident before moving your vehicles off the road
- Take close-up photos of your injuries and the damage to your car
- Ask any eyewitnesses if they’ll make a statement and give you their contact information
- Describe the chain of events that led to the accident to police officers as accurately as you can remember
- Go to the emergency room or doctor after your accident and describe your injuries, pain, and symptom as accurately as you can
- Talk to a car accident lawyer in west palm beach before you talk to any insurance companies
- Save all of your medical bills and related receipts so that you can claim as much as you can for your injury costs
- Move if you are seriously hurt, especially if you could have head or back injuries
- Apologize for causing the accident or say it was your fault (no one knows until an investigation is made)
- Accuse the other driver of being at fault or get angry
- Refuse an ambulance or medical care if you’re hurt
- Leave the accident scene before a police report is made
- Talk about your accident with friends, co-workers, or on social media
- Talk to insurance company representatives before talking to your own lawyer
- Agree to release all your medical records or make a recorded statement
- Forget to follow the doctor’s orders, especially if they say you have to miss work
Why hire a Parker Ridge Car Accident Lawyer?
Whether filing on your PIP insurance or trying to make a claim on another driver’s liability insurance, you can fall into a lot of traps if you try to handle your case on your own. Insurance companies want to pay out as little as they can, so they will deny claims or try to reduce the amount they give you for your injuries.
A seasoned West Palm Beach car accident attorney knows all the tactics that insurers use to deny fault or trick you into accepting an amount lower than you deserve. Your lawyer will help you document your injuries and establish negligence based on hard evidence. They will also use every legal option at their disposal to seek the full amount of compensation you deserve for your injuries.
No case is guaranteed, but having a lawyer on your side greatly increases your chances of success.
There’s no risk to learning about your legal options since your first appointment is always free, and there’s no obligation to hire an attorney afterward. You can receive a full case evaluation from one of our West Palm Beach car accident lawyers when you schedule an appointment now by dialing 1-800-916-8108 or filling out a quick form to contact us online.
Most Common Causes of Accidents in Parker Ridge
No one expects to be involved in a car wreck. Unfortunately, tens of thousands of people find themselves in the situation each year. South Florida is known as one of the worst places to drive in the nation thanks to its congested roads packed with residents and tourists.
Aside from pedestrian and bicycle accidents that are common in smaller neighborhoods, there are several types of accidents that are most common in Parker Ridge and West Palm Beach. These include:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- T-bone accidents
If you are involved in any type of car accident in Parker Ridge, it’s important to remember that you have rights. Your life should not be turned upside down due to the negligence or error of another driver.
¡Se Habla Español!
We know that it may be difficult to speak with someone regarding your rights when English is not your native language. This is why we have bilingual team members on our staff. We want you to feel as though you are getting the help you deserve and confident in the advice you are given. We would be pleased to set up an appointment with one of our Spanish-speaking representatives for you today.
Do not hesitate to reach out to our office. Your first consultation will be held at no cost to you or your family. We don’t believe that expert legal advice should cost you a dime.
About Parker Ridge
With a population averaging just under 7,000 residents, Parker Ridge is a quiet neighborhood that boasts diversity and inclusion. Not only are you in close proximity to all that West Palm Beach has to offer, but you can stay close to home and have an enjoyable day.
Some of the more popular things to do in Parker Ridge include the Henry Morrison Flagler Museum, Mary Brandon Park and Dreher Dog Park. Why not spend a beautiful South Florida afternoon romping with your four-legged best friend? Meet your friends at the park for a picnic, browse the aisles of the museum or take a walk in the sunshine. If these things are a bit too every day for you, hop in the car and head to downtown West Palm Beach.
Popular Roads in Parker Ridge
Depending on where you live, you could find yourself on any of the following streets or avenues:
- Georgia Ave
- Garden Ave
- Parker Ave
- S Lake Ave
- Macy St
- Green St
- Hansen St
- Francis St
There are dozens more roadways in Parker Ridge along with the Florida East Coast Railway. Some of the streets stretch for more than a mile and others are not longer than a block. No matter where you find yourself in Parker Ridge, staying aware is one of the most important things you can do behind the wheel.