- can a manufacturer be held responsible if a product hurts me?
- what should i do to get compensation for injuries caused by a dangerous product?
- how can a defective product attorney help me?
CAN A MANUFACTURER BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF A PRODUCT HURTS ME?
Under Florida law, victims of injuries resulting from defective products can make many kinds of legal arguments in an attempt to prove that a manufacturer should be held responsible for losses. Some of the arguments that you can make are based on:
- negligence: you can be compensated for damages if you can show that the manufacturer was unreasonably careless in the design or manufacture of the product or in any aspect of bringing the product to the marketplace.
- strict liability: you can recover compensation simply by showing that the product caused you harm when used as intended. manufacturers are always held responsible for dangerous products under florida law, even if the manufacturer didn’t actually do anything wrong.
- failure to warn: if a manufacturer didn’t alert you to the risks or side effects of a product, you can sue for the injuries caused by the withholding of this information. these types of claims are common when defective drugs are released without adequate warnings about the side effects.
- breach of warranty: products can have an express (written or oral) warranty or an implied warranty. if the warranty is breached, you can pursue a claim for resulting damages.
RELENTLESS LEGAL REPRESENTATION FOR OKEECHOBEE INJURY VICTIMS
A personal injury can occur in a variety of ways, but almost all have the same results in common. Suddenly, your life is disrupted and possibly jeopardized physically, emotionally, and financially by an accident or incident which could have been prevented.
Recent Case Results
An experienced defective product lawyer in Okeechobee will help you decide on the best arguments to make to hold the manufacturer liable.
WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GET COMPENSATION FOR INJURIES CAUSED BY A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT?
There are a number of different approaches that you can take to pursue a claim for compensation when harmed by a dangerous product. Your options include:
- negotiating an out-of-court settlement with the manufacturer, distributor, reseller or others responsible for the dangerous item
- filing a lawsuit in state or federal court and pursuing your claim by proving the manufacturer should be held liable for losses
- becoming part of mass tort litigation: when a product harms many different people, class actions or multidistrict litigations can form and allow claims to be processed more quickly.
There are pros and cons to each approach to recovering damages caused by a defective product. The bottom line is that you need to be proactive and pursue some type of legal action so you don’t end up with significant financial loss. Your attorney can help you decide on the best way to maximize the chances that the manufacturer will cover your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering damages, emotional distress damages, or the losses caused by the wrongful death of a loved one.
HOW CAN AN OKEECHOBEE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT LAWYER HELP?
At Steinger, Greene & Feiner, our attorneys have helped many Florida clients take legal action after a product hurt them. We can put our legal knowledge and experience to work to help you decide on how best to pursue your case. We can also negotiate on your behalf or stand up for you in court to get you the money you need to cover your costs and losses. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about how we can represent you.
we’re here to help
Free Case Evaluation
PROVEN PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
A fair settlement is not what you can expect to receive from the insurance company. Their goal is to reduce payouts on claims so they can remain highly profitable. Our proven and committed legal team understands the tactics these companies regularly use to pay claimants as little as possible. We routinely battle their schemes in and out of court, and have developed effective methods for doing so.
With a legal team of more than 30 lawyers and more than 140 staff, including investigators and other assistants, we have the resources needed to get the job done efficiently. With our No-Fee Guarantee, you can bring your personal injury case to us with confidence, knowing you will pay nothing until we recover the compensation you deserve. Throughout the entire case, we will be by your side, providing the guidance you need.