Oakland Park is a beautiful city filled with great restaurants, businesses, and culture. You can spend a great day there visiting Funky Buddha Brewery, eating at the delicious Catfish Deweys restaurant, or taking a stroll around Easterlin Park.
Unfortunately, the town’s prosperity also means that the roads are busy — and often dangerous. W. Oakland Park Boulevard is always teeming with reckless drivers, it seems. This road was the scene of an accident where a pedestrian was hit by three separate cars, all of which fled. I-95 and the Dixie Highway are also notoriously bad places for car accidents in Oakland Park.
When you have been seriously hurt in a car accident, you have the right to file a personal injury claim with all available forms of insurance. Working with an Oakland Park car accident lawyer can help you identify any at-fault parties involved in your accident so that you can pursue them for the maximum amount of compensation available under the law.
Speak to an experienced car accident lawyer in Oakland Park when you contact Steinger, Greene & Feiner for a free, no-obligation consultation. You’ll learn about your legal rights and your available options for pursuing all compensation available.
Call (954) 302-7080 or contact us online now to schedule your 100% free case review.
How Can I Get Money for My Injuries After a Car Accident in Oakland Park, FL?
Florida law requires all registered vehicle owners to have a personal injury protection (PIP) insurance policy to cover the costs of their own injuries after an accident, up to $10,000. While the good news about this insurance is that you don’t have to prove someone at fault, the bad news is that PIP insurance will only cover a portion of your accident costs.
PIP insurance coverage only provides compensation for 80% of your medical bills as well as just 60% of the wages you lose while you recover.
However, if you have a qualifying “serious injury,” you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim against any at-fault drivers involved in your accident. These drivers will, ideally, have a bodily injury liability (BIL) policy that pays for the costs of your medical bills, out of pocket expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Not everyone carries BIL insurance, but they might. Commercial vehicles are required to carry it (F.S. §324.021).
Working with a car accident lawyer in Oakland Park can help you find out whether drivers involved in your accident have insurance available to pay for your injury costs. They can investigate the circumstances of your accident and tally up the full extent of your damages, building a strong case insurance companies will have a hard time denying.
What to Do When You Get in an Accident in Oakland Park, Florida
- Remain calm. Don’t apologize for mistakes or claim fault. Provide assistance to anyone hurt.
- Call the accident and report it to the police. Wait for the police to arrive, and provide a full, accurate description to the best of your knowledge.
- Accept all medical assistance. Do not refuse an ambulance if you are seriously hurt. Go to the hospital or doctor’s office as soon as possible. Give them a full description of your medical symptoms. Let them run all tests necessary to identify all of your injuries.
- Be careful when reporting your accident to insurance companies. They may try to lead you into accepting fault, saying you aren’t as hurt as you claim, or admitting that you have a pre-existing health condition.
- Call an experienced Oakland Park car accident lawyer. They will help you avoid common mistakes, like saying something to insurance companies that can hurt your claim. They’ll even file a claim and negotiate with insurers on your behalf.
Hire an Oakland Park Car Accident Lawyer to Fight for You
Steinger, Greene & Feiner will not charge you for any legal representation unless we are able to recover some money for your injuries. Your first appointment is also always 100% free, with no obligation to work with us afterward.
You have nothing to lose by hiring an expert attorney who will put in all the work for you and fight for the highest amount of compensation available.
Find out how much your case could be worth and how to best pursue your injury claim when you call us at (954) 302-7080 or contact us online now and schedule your free case evaluation.