Worker’s Compensation Lawyer | Miami Personal Injury Attorney
As a worker in Florida, you should rest assured that your employer’s insurance has you covered if there’s an accident on the job. So when your employer tries to dodge responsibility for your on-the-clock accident, it can be very frustrating. And in cases where responsibility is in question, it may be within your best interests to hire a worker’s compensation lawyer.
When you are hurt at work, your income is affected, your bills pile up, and your family suffers more stress and anxiety. Let us at Steinger, Greene & Feiner make sure your worker’s compensation claim is processed properly with the maximum amount of fair compensation claimed for your injuries.
A Miami worker’s compensation lawyer will make sure that you know your rights under Florida law. We provide this legal service to our injured clients and their families because we know exactly how stressful these situations can be.
If you are left permanently disabled due to an injury on the job, you may be eligible for permanent total disability benefits. It is very important that you report your injury promptly and accurately. Workers only have 30 days to report workplace injuries to their employer and the statute of limitations is two years to file a claim.
You should know what’s included in your worker’s compensation claim. Damages included are:
- Any medical cost associated with the injury, which can include tests, physical therapy, prescriptions, or hospitalizations.
- Temporary disability benefits.
- Impairment benefits – These benefits apply if you have impairments to your hearing to sight or other cognitive impairments that limit your ability to work.
- Permanent total disability benefits – If you are unable to return to work permanently due to your workplace injury, permanent total disability benefits are activated.
- Death benefits – If a workplace accident results in the death of a loved one, the family is entitled to fair compensation due to the loss of income, emotional damages, and future losses.
A Miami worker’s compensation lawyer will help you navigate the complicated waters of your lawsuit while keeping you informed. According to worker’s compensation law, you may be entitled to 104 weeks of temporary disability benefits and more if you are left permanently disabled due to your workplace injury.
Steinger, Greene & Feiner is experienced and resourceful in all of our worker’s compensation claims. We will answer all your questions about worker’s compensation and guide you through the entire process.
My case couldn't have been handled better. It was handled in a timely manner - it wasn't rushed. If something ever happened again and I needed an attorney, Steinger, Greene & Feiner would be the first place I would go.
You deserve experienced, ethical, and hard-working representation in your lawsuit, and Steinger, Greene & Feiner are ready to relentlessly represent you and those you love. We have a team of lawyers, legal assistants, and paralegals working tirelessly to protect your rights.
Don’t underestimate your need for legal representation and advocacy. Even a seemingly small injury could have lasting effects. Don’t settle without speaking to an experienced lawyer and knowing your full rights.
Awards & Memberships
Most Common Types of Workers Compensation Injuries
Here are the five most common injuries listed on worker’s compensation claims.
- Strains and sprains – Strains and sprains can include many different types of injuries, but these are specific to the straining of a muscle, tendon, or joint, or spraining a pivotal joint.
- Cuts or lacerations – These types of injuries are when the skin is broken by an object, leaving an open wound behind. These can be very superficial or incredibly painful and deep. A cut down to the bone could sever important tendons or ligaments, leaving the motor function of related limbs irreparable.
- Contusions – When you are hurt by an object that leaves a bruise behind, this is referred to as a contusion. While most contusions heal themselves, a deep internal bruise can cause bigger problems. In some cases, a bruise could be the only visible sign of serious internal damage.
- Broken bones – Fractures can be as small as a hairline fracture, to a compound fracture that breaks the skin. Depending on the severity and gradual medical improvement, broken bones can be completely healed or change your life.
- Inflammation – This occurs when damage causes inflammation of the muscle, tendon, nerve, or other part of the body. Inflammation is swelling that is done in response to an injury, but it can cause severe pain and limit mobility.
What Causes Workplace Injuries?
While workplaces should follow Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards to prevent accidents, there are several reasons injuries in the workplace still happen.
- Materials handling – A slip of the hand while opening a box with a box cutter can result in a serious injury. When workers follow best practices in handling materials and still get injured, that worker may be entitled to compensation for either an unsafe workplace or an injury on the job.
- Slip and falls – The number one cause of traumatic brain injuries, slip and falls are serious and should be reported immediately. Take note if the slip and fall occurred due to workplace debris or negligent conditions.
- Tool accidents – Improper or inadequate training for tools or equipment is a common cause of workplace accidents.
- Repetitive motion trauma – Consistently making the same motion for years can spell disaster for your joints. If you retain an injury due to years of repetitive motion at a job, consider your legal options.
- Being hit with/colliding with an object – An item that hits you or falls on you from above is considered a workplace hazard and should be treated seriously. Most people brush this type of injury off due to embarrassment but take care to consider if it should be evaluated by a medical professional.
Why Choose Us?
Worker’s compensation claims are important not only to you, but to those who rely on you. A provider who can no longer provide is a massive concern, so let the lawyers at Steiner, Greene & Feiner help you file your claim and get you the compensation you rightfully deserve. Statistically, your odds of winning a worker’s comp case increase when you hire a personal injury lawyer in Miami.
We are here to serve you and your family. You should talk to a trustworthy lawyer experienced with worker’s compensation claims to fully understand your rights and how the law applies to you. Give us a call.
we’re here to help
Free Case Evaluation