Miami Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
At Steinger, Greene & Feiner, our Miami slip and fall accident lawyers know that a fall injury can be very serious and may perhaps even be fatal. While slipping or tripping in a store, restaurant, home or public area may not seem like a big deal, more than 1 million people every single year go to an emergency room as a result of slip and fall accidents.
Unfortunately, many of these victims suffer brain injury, spinal cord damage, bone fractures or even death. If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a slip and fall, you need to understand your legal rights and you need to take action against the property owner or renter who was responsible for your fall. A Miami slip and fall accident attorney at Steinger, Greene & Feiner can evaluate your case, explain your rights and pursue a claim for compensation for you.
When Can You Make a Slip and Fall Claim?
You can take legal action to recover compensation for slip and fall injuries any time a property owner or renter was negligent in a way that led to your fall injury. To determine if the property owner/renter was negligent, you need to understand what legal obligation they had to you and whether they fell short of fulfilling that obligation. Premises liability laws determine the extent of the obligation that a property owner has to the public. Under these laws:
- Patrons of businesses and those invited to a premises to do business are owed the highest duty of care. They are classified as “invitees,” and a property owner/renter must inspect the premises, maintain it and correct hazards, and/or warn patrons of dangerous conditions.
- Individuals invited onto a property for a social/casual visit are owed an intermediate duty of care. They are called “licensees,” and a property owner/ renter’s obligation is to warn licensees of hazards or to correct hazards. However, unlike a store or business, homeowners just have to warn about or correct hazards that the owner reasonably should know about — there is no need to conduct inspections.
- Even trespassers are owed a limited duty of care, in that property owners cannot set traps for them and must warn known trespassers of extremely dangerous hazards.
To determine if you can make a slip and fall claim, you need to assess what duty was owed and whether the property owner fell short or breached the duty. Your Miami slip and fall accident attorney can help.
What to Do After a Slip & Fall Accident in Miami
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Miami, the most important thing to do is seek proper medical attention. Keep all records of your medical treatment and bills related to your accident, and gather the contact information of any witnesses that may be able to testify on your behalf.
Report your slip and fall accident to the manager or owner of the property as soon as possible, and make sure they file your complaint. Take pictures of the location where you were injured, and document elements such as what you were wearing that day, whether there were any caution signs present, where and to what extent you were injured, and more.
As soon as you can, call our premises liability lawyers at Steinger, Greene & Feiner to ensure you have dedicated legal representation on your side. We won’t stop until justice has been brought to your case.
Relentless Legal Representation for Miami Injury Victims
A personal injury can occur in a variety of ways, but almost all have the same results in common. Suddenly, your life is disrupted and possibly jeopardized physically, emotionally, and financially by an accident or incident which could have been prevented.
Top Slip and Fall Causes
There are many dangerous conditions on properties that could lead to a slip and fall claim including:
- Broken or damaged railings
- Dangerous, uneven or broken stair treads
- Unsecured/loose throw rugs or carpets
- Changes in elevation or changes in flooring surface
- Slippery and/or wet floors
- Inadequate lighting
All of these are conditions or hazards that property owners may have an obligation to correct or warn visitors about.
Talk to a Miami Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one was hurt in a slip and fall and believe that the property owner or renter was responsible, you need to take legal action with the help of a Miami slip and fall accident lawyer. At Steinger, Greene & Feiner, we can evaluate your case and help you to pursue a claim to recover compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, emotional distress and other losses. Give us a call or contact us online today to schedule a free consultation and learn more.