You’re cruising down 295, not a care in the world, when another car comes out of nowhere and rams right into you. Just like that, your day—and even your life—can change in an instant. What’s next? If you sustained injuries or property damage in a Jacksonville car accident caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another driver, contact a Steinger, Greene & Feiner lawyer to take on your case. Our team of personal injury lawyers is committed to pursuing justice and securing fair compensation on your behalf. When you let us handle your case, you can count on us to get the results you want.
Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of hiring a skilled Jacksonville car accident lawyer to represent you in the aftermath of a car accident.
Why You Need a Car Accident Lawyer in Jacksonville
Car accident cases are complicated, to say the least. They involve many moving parts and multiple parties, all of whom want to determine two things: who caused the accident and how much compensation the victim should receive. This process is easier said than done.
One of the first things you should do after getting in a car accident is to let your insurance company know what happened. Most insurance companies require their policyholders to report any accidents, no matter how minor. Unfortunately, many insurance companies use this opportunity to take advantage of the policyholder. From placing the blame on you to giving lowball settlement offers, insurance companies will do whatever it takes to save themselves from footing the bill for your accident-related injuries and damages.
That’s why hiring an experienced personal injury attorney—preferably one who specializes in car accident cases—is essential if you want to secure the financial compensation you deserve. A Jacksonville car accident lawyer will help you do things like:
- Gather evidence
- Determine fault
- Negotiate with insurers
- Communicate with other legal counsel
- Handle the settlement process
- Represent you in court, if necessary
Situations that warrant the help of a skilled car accident attorney include the following:
- You were accused of causing the accident
- The cost of vehicle repairs exceeds $1,000
- An insurer claims that your damages aren’t covered by the policy
- An insurer requests access to your medical history
- An insurer desires to either reduce the value of your claim or reject it entirely
- Your accident involved an employee driver or a company vehicle
- Your accident involved multiple parties or another complex circumstance
At the end of the day, our team will make things a little less complicated by simplifying the complexities of your case and ensuring that you understand all of your legal options. Our clients are our top priority—no matter what.
Our Expertise in Handling Car Accident Cases
As Jacksonville’s trusted car accident lawyers, we know car accident cases like the back of our hand. We know what steps to take and what pitfalls to help you avoid along the way. Thanks to decades of combined experience, we also know what strategies help clients win both in and out of court. No matter how severe your accident is, we have the expertise it takes to win.
Take a look at how much we’ve won for our clients in recent years.
- We won $1.5 million for a client who was in an accident with a car that illegally entered oncoming traffic
- We won $800,000 for a client who was rear-ended by an 18-wheeler while driving on the highway
- We won $1 million for a client who was a passenger in a rideshare vehicle that was struck by another car
- We won $1 million for a client who was hit by a driver who ran a red light
- We won $1.2 million for a client who suffered from a traumatic brain injury due to another person’s negligent driving
Visit our website to see more case results like these.
Your Personal Injury Experts
We represent more than just car accident cases. We represent all types of personal injury cases, including dog bites, medical malpractice, and wrongful death. Whatever type of personal injury case you bring our way, we’ll provide top-notch representation from start to finish. Here’s a comprehensive list of the case types we take on.
- Car Accident
- Motorcycle accident
- Property damage
- Slip and fall
- Truck accident
- Workers’ Compensation
- Bicycle accident
- Birth injury
- Boating accident
- Brain injury
- Child sexual abuse
- Defective product
- Dog bite
- Medical malpractice
- Pedestrian accident
- Product recall
- Social security disability
- Spinal cord injury
- Wrongful death
Car Accidents in Jacksonville
Jacksonville Car Accident Statistics
Here’s a breakdown of Jacksonville’s car accident statistics between 1/1/2018 and 1/21/23, according to data collected by the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Jacksonville
The most common causes of car accidents that occur in Jacksonville include the following:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Operating a vehicle without a driver’s license
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Reckless endangerment
- Road rage or aggressive driving
- Failure to maintain a safe operating condition
- Defective equipment or parts
- Poorly maintained roadways
The Most Dangerous Roadways to Travel on in Duval County
The three most dangerous roads to travel on in Duval County are:
- I-10 and Roosevelt Boulevard
- I-295 and Commonwealth
- I-95 and Myrtle Avenue North
Other dangerous roads in Duval County include:
- Blanding Boulevard and Youngerman Circle
- Blanding Boulevard and Argyle Forest Boulevard
- Blanding Boulevard and Collins Road
- Atlantic Boulevard and Southside Boulevard
- 102nd St. and Ricker Road
- 103rd St. and Blanding Boulevard
- Beach Blvd. and Hodges Boulevard
- Beach Blvd. and Southside Boulevard
- Baymeadows Rd. and Southside Boulevard
- Claire Ln. and San Jose Boulevard
What to Do After a Car Accident in Jacksonville
Not knowing how to respond when you get in a car accident isn’t only stressful but can cause you to miss some important steps that would benefit you down the road. But honestly, even if you know what steps to take ahead of time, the abruptness of a car accident can leave you rattled and prevent you from thinking clearly.
That’s why we’re here to help. As Jacksonville’s leading car accident lawyers, we know a thing or two about car accidents—including what to do after you get in one. Take a few minutes to read our step-by-step guide on what actions to take after finding yourself in a car accident in Jacksonville. Trust us, this information is essential. You never know when it could come in handy.
- Ensure Safety: Before doing anything else, check yourself for any visible injuries. After confirming that you’re okay, check on any other drivers, passengers, cyclists, or pedestrians involved in the accident to make sure they’re okay.
- Call Emergency Services: If you or anyone else needs immediate medical attention, call 9-1-1 for help. First responders will arrive on the scene as soon as possible to provide necessary medical care.
- Notify the Police: Next, notify the police of the accident. Depending on its severity, police officers may respond to the scene to gather witness statements and other evidence and file an official police report. Police officers don’t always respond to minor accidents. In the case that they don’t respond to yours, you can gather your witness statements and file an accident report through the local DMV.
- Relocate Your Vehicle: Without putting yourself or others in danger, move your vehicle to a safe location. If your accident occurred on the highway, move it to the shoulder. If it occurred on a residential road, move it to a nearby parking lot or driveway. This will help restore the flow of traffic as well as protect you from the dangers of oncoming traffic.
- Exchange Information: Exchange information with all other drivers involved in the accident. This includes first and last names, phone numbers, vehicle information, and car insurance details.
- Seek Medical Care: Even if you feel completely fine and don’t have any visible injuries, we highly recommend getting a routine exam at either a walk-in urgent care clinic or your primary care doctor. You could have internal injuries—like internal bleeding or a concussion—that haven’t yet presented themselves. Be sure to secure a copy of any medical bills and receipts, as your attorney will use this information as evidence to prove your innocence.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: As discussed above, most insurance companies require policyholders to notify any car accident they’re involved in, whether or not they caused it. It’s just a part of the claims process. If you decide to file a claim with your insurance company—as opposed to the at-fault party’s insurance company—you can only receive compensation if you’ve reported the accident.
- Speak With an Adjuster: Soon after notifying your insurance company of the accident, an adjuster will contact you. Don’t be alarmed by this phone call. It’s a necessary step in every claims process. The adjuster will ask you basic questions to gather more information about what happened. This information will be used by your insurance company and your attorney to determine fault and calculate the damages. The only piece of advice we have here is to answer every question honestly without sharing unnecessary information. And remember, never admit fault for the accident.
- Seek Legal Expertise: When it comes to seeking justice and compensation after a car accident, a skilled personal injury attorney is the best person for the job. Their sole job is to learn your case inside and out and fight for your rights every step of the way. It’s easy to get lost in the weeds of filing a claim with your insurance company and trying to get a fair amount for your injuries and damages. An attorney will help you navigate the complexities of your case and get the justice you deserve.
How Steinger, Greene & Feiner Can Help With Your Car Accident Case
Steinger, Greene & Feiner is here to support you in the aftermath of your car accident. We’ll help you:
- File a claim
- File paperwork
- Gather evidence
- Assess damages
- Negotiate with insurance companies
- Handle the settlement process
- Represent you in court
- Seek fair compensation
You shouldn’t have to pay for the injuries and damages that someone else caused out of your own pocket. Call today to see how much our attorneys can get you to cover the cost of things like:
- Medical bills
- Car repairs
- Lost wages
- Future care costs
- Pain and suffering
We Fight for Your Rights
Steinger, Greene & Feiner is the personal injury law firm you can trust to get your life back on track. Our team will hold the at-fault party responsible for their actions and secure the compensation you deserve. Don’t worry about the cost of hiring an attorney to take on your case. Our no-fee guarantee ensures that you don’t pay a penny until we win.
Get started today with a free, no-obligation case evaluation. It’s a quick, easy, and confidential way to discuss the details of your case with one of our car accident lawyers.