Fort Myers Bicycle Lawyer
Every year, hundreds and thousands of people are injured or killed in cycling accidents in the United States, according to reports. Many motorists hold the impression that bicycles have no place on public roads, which is simply wrong. Cyclists have the equal legal right to use public roadways as automobiles. Our Fort Myers personal injury lawyers have helped over 30,000 clients earn more than $1 Billion.
Too often, motor vehicles are unaware of or disobey these rules. Sadly, this bias usually follows cyclists into the personal injury judicial system. You have every legal right to go for compensation from those responsible for your bicycle accident if you were hurt. To assist you in your case against the driver or motorist, it is preferable to contact our attorney. Because motor vehicles are larger, heavier, and faster than bicycles, they cause 90 percent of bike accident deaths and are likely to end in catastrophic injury. Furthermore, bicycles do not have the same level of protection as passengers in automobiles. We will prevent insurance companies from using those old bias tactics on you to get the payment you deserved for your losses, including injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, etc. Call us at (239) 747-7473 for a free consultation or visit us at 9160 Forum Corporate Parkway, Suite 350, Fort Myers, FL 33905.
Personal Injury & Bicycle Accident Case Results
Following are a few of the most typical reasons for collisions:
- When a vehicle enters the road, it cuts off a cyclist.
- When a car or biker makes a right turn, it cuts off a cyclist riding in the bike lane.
- An automobile rear-ends a cyclist who is attempting to move around a car parked in the bike lane.
- A parked automobile, truck, or van driver opens a door into the path of a bicyclist.
- The cyclist is cycling against oncoming traffic on the wrong side of the road.
- A driver or a cyclist ignores a stoplight or a stop sign.
- The cyclist makes a risky or unpredictable move.
Reviews of Our Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Our Fort Myers bicycle accident lawyers have a proven track record of representing injured cyclists. We can assist you in obtaining funds to cover the care costs you also require the losses you have sustained. Allow us to meet with you and show you what we can accomplish before choosing a bicycle accident lawyer near you. Our firm provides free initial consultations and reviews so you can get the answers you need as soon as possible. After that, we can talk about your legal options with you. No matter which lawyer you hire from our firm, all of them are very best at their own. They will do every possible thing to win your case or reach out to a fair settlement as fast as possible.
Steinger, Greene & Feiner’s Team of Bicycle Accident Lawyers
We know that you’ve several choices when it comes to choosing an attorney to defend you. After a severe cycling accident, we want the opportunity to show you why so many injured bicyclists pick our law firm. We are the best law firm in Fort Myers, protecting cyclists’ rights on the road. We will fight for your case in order to get the maximum amount of compensation from the driver. The driver who harmed you won’t pay you compensation; it will be their insurance company who will pay on behalf of them. We know the tactics insurance companies used to lower the amount of compensation you’re going to get.
The majority of bicycle accidents, however, do not involve motor vehicles. Automobile accidents accounted for just about 30% of all bicycle injuries. The remaining 70%, caused by various factors, might still be quite severe and lead to successful cases. Other causes of bicycle injuries include:
- Due to poorly maintained pavement, a biker falls off his bike.
- The bicycle is broken, damaged, or in need of repair.
- An animal attack causes a rider to fall off his bike.
- An animal attack causes a cyclist to fall off his bike.
- A cyclist collides with another cyclist or a pedestrian.
- Loss of balance or inebriation causes a cyclist to fall from his bike.
- A cyclist collides with something in the road, such as debris, a curb, or a tree.
Many accidents happen because drivers aren’t paying attention, aren’t driving safely for the conditions, or aren’t respecting bicyclists’ rights and space on the road. In Fort Myers, some drivers still harbor resentment for cyclists who share the road. Some accidents occur as a result of poor road design. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a Fort Myers bicycle accident, it’s essential to consult with an experienced law firm that understands your rights, the full scope of payment to which you are entitled, and how best to proceed.
Most Common Questions Asked About Bicycle Accident Lawsuits
What to do After I Was Injured in a Bicycle Accident?
First, you should seek medical assistance if it is required. Then you should contact the police, take photos of the scene, and gather any physical evidence. Keep a careful written record of your memories of the event. Collect any necessary details from the driver and any potential witnesses, and then contact our bicycle accident attorneys as soon as possible.
What If a Hit-And-Run Driver injures me?
Unfortunately, many bicycles are injured by hit-and-run drivers who ran away immediately. If the same incident happened to you, you should immediately call the police after you received any medical attention if needed. Please provide them with whatever identifying information you or witnesses can, such as the description of the driver or car. Please seek advice from our experienced attorney immediately, who has experience handling hit-and-run drivers.
What Are The Rights of a Bicyclist?
Bicyclists have every legal right as automobiles to use public roads responsibly. Bicyclists have the same rights as motorists, so their responsibilities are the same. You must follow all traffic regulations, use hand signals, ride with traffic flow, have the proper lights, and not drink and drive.
In a bicycle accident, is the driver always at fault?
It is common to believe that when a heavy vehicle collides with a bicyclist and suffers injuries, the bicyclist is the victim, and the driver is at fault, but this is not always the case. In other cases, the bicyclist might be the one who was careless and caused the accident. To prove that the motorist or driver was at fault, you must conduct a thorough investigation.
What Happens If the Bicyclist Is the One Who Causes the Collision?
Suppose you cause an accident while riding a bicycle, resulting in another person’s injury or property damage. In that case, the injured party may claim against you to be compensated for their injuries or damages. Keep in mind that you are not liable for the entire amount of the other person’s losses unless you are 100 percent at fault. If you are hurt in an accident where the other party is at least somewhat to blame, you may be able to claim damages from them in proportion to their amount of fault.
Do I Need an Attorney If I Experienced an Accident?
If you believe you have a case, you should consult an attorney immediately. If you suffered pain as a result of the accident, our bicycle accident lawyer could investigate the incident, represent you in a lawsuit, and win you the compensation you deserve.
What if a driver didn’t hit me but caused my injury anyway?
You can submit a claim if you can prove that the motorist was negligent in causing your accident.
What Damages Am I Entitled To Compensation For?
Medical bills, lost wages, bicycle repairs, lost future income, emotional distress, and other accident-related costs are all recoverable.
What is the Value of My Bicycle Accident Case?
The worth of a bicycle claim is determined by a number of factors, including:
- the severity of your injuries
- the expense of medical treatment for your injuries, as well as whether you will need continued care in the future, and whether your injuries led you to miss work and lose money.
- If you had any long-term or permanent impairments, deformity, or disability as a result of your injuries
- the extent of your physical and mental distress as a result of your injuries
A skilled lawyer may examine your case to see if you have a claim, how much it’s worth, and what evidence you’ll need to prove it. Don’t wait to contact our skilled personal injury attorney.
Stages of a Bicycle Accident Lawsuit
After a bicycle accident, you should immediately seek medical assistance, even if you don’t think you’re severely injured. The adrenaline rush after an accident can hide injuries, and some common types of accident injuries frequently have delayed symptoms.
- If the accident was with another vehicle or a pedestrian, you should exchange information, including name, contact, license, and insurance information. If the other vehicle flees the scene, try to get the most detailed description of the vehicle possible, including make, model, color, license plate, description of the driver, and any damage, and report it to the police.
- When the police come, make sure you inform your version of events and take the officer’s name, badge number, and police report number. Collect evidence if you can do so. Record the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Take photographs or videos of your injuries, damages, and the accident scene. If there is damage to your bicycle, helmet, or clothing, leave these as they are and don’t attempt to fix or clean them.
- As soon as possible, write down some notes about how the accident happened and where you and the car were situated at the time.
- Even if you don’t go to a hospital immediately, be sure to see a doctor soon after your accident. It is essential both for your health and your case; medical bills and records are the backbones of a personal injury lawsuit.
- Keep detailed records of all your losses after an accident, including lost wages and bills for damaged property and even the less tangible ways in which your injuries interfere with your everyday life.
- Please do not talk to the at-fault party’s insurance company or lawyers representing them. Don’t accept any offer before having a lawyer review the case, and lastly, hire an experienced bicycle accident attorney and leave the advocacy and legal wrangling to your lawyer.
Our legal firm that knows the personal injury system and has experience negotiating with insurance companies will help you receive a much larger amount of compensation than you would otherwise. More importantly, they will take the burden off your shoulders so you can focus full-time on recovering from your injuries.