Helping Slip and Fall Victims in South Florida
Over one million people slip and fall every year resulting in trips to the emergency room. Slip and fall accidents can happen for a variety of reasons, but if your accident was caused by the negligence of someone else, you may be eligible for compensation.
Injuries from a slip and fall accident can be serious and can affect the spine, brain, bones, and even cause death. Let Steinger, Greene & Feiner help you get the compensation you deserve from an accident caused by hazardous conditions due to negligence. We are here to help.
A slip and fall accident can cost thousands and thousands of dollars in medical bills and other costs. Our Florida slip and fall attorneys know exactly how to fight against the insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve. Here are a few of our slip and fall case results.
- $1 Million – The 55-year-old victim tripped over a camouflaged hose, fell on his knees, sprained his wrist, and snapped his neck in the process. Photo evidence showed no warning signs and an employee walking away with the hose he tripped on.
- $1.35 Million – A woman slipped in a puddle at a local Chipotle restaurant. Evidence showed the corporate office consistently ignoring requests for repair as a leaky window was dripping constantly. Her injury resulted in a concussion, whiplash, spine injuries, and a three-level fusion of her spine.
We know what it takes to get you the compensation you deserve. Let us help.
A slip and fall injury can result in loss of income, pain and suffering, and high medical bills. At Steinger, Greene & Feiner, we will fight tirelessly for you and your family to get you the compensation you deserve. We will investigate the location of the fall, collect evidence, and build a case that proves the negligence of the guilty party.
If your injury was caused by a slip and fall due to negligent or hazardous conditions, give us a call. You deserve relentless representation from a qualified and experienced lawyer.
Common Reasons for Slip and Fall Injuries
Falls can happen for many reasons. However, if someone is responsible for repairing or maintaining the location, you may be entitled to compensation that covers medical costs, pain and suffering, and potential losses to income or enjoyment of life. Here are a few reasons slip and fall accidents occur.
- Uneven floors – When a foundation shifts, it can leave the ground unlevel. This may lead to wavy or bumpy floors that can be difficult to navigate.
- Wet/slippery floors – Standing water is a common cause of falls. The water can be from leaky windows, rainy walkways, or improperly cleaned floors.
- Long cords – Electronics with long cords should not be stretched across the floor or walkway. Make sure to tuck them against walls or around doorways.
- Raised or cracked sidewalks – Time, weather, or construction can all lead to sidewalks in disrepair. An expectation that a sidewalk will be safe should be recognized and those responsible for it should fix or appropriately post warning signs.
- Inadequate lighting – Being unable to see is an easy way to trip and fall over. Businesses are responsible for keeping things safe, and that means adequately lit.
- Drop-offs – A building adding an extension or a stairway may result in a drop off that is deeper than normal and can cause people to stumble and fall. These should be properly posted with warning signs.
- Broken or rickety railings – If you stumbled and fell because a railing fell out of your hand or didn’t support you, you could be entitled to compensation. The owners should be maintaining safety items such as railings.
Of course, it’s best to avoid mistakes when filing a slip and fall accident claim, but it possible, content a lawyer as soon as possible.
Common Injuries from Slip and Falls
It’s easy to assume that injuries from a slip and fall are minor, but the opposite could very well be true. If you sustained an injury (especially a head injury), do not wait to go to the doctor. Your injuries could linger and become more serious later on.
Slip and falls caused by the negligence of a responsible party should be handled by an experienced lawyer from Steinger, Greene & Feiner. Here are some serious (and often overlooked) injuries that result from slip and fall accidents.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Neck/Spinal injuries
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
The Leading Cause of Traumatic Brain Injuries
A 2014 study published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that falls were the number-one cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBI) in children and the elderly.
- 48%: Amount of ER visits caused by slip and fall accidents.
- 49%: Children’s visits to ER that were from slips and falls.
- 81%: Amount of TBIs in elderly (65+) patients that were slip and fall-related.
Why Choose Us?
Don’t let a slip and fall cost you more than it should. We will hold the responsible party accountable and make sure your slip and fall accident will be handled by only the most experienced lawyers. A slip and fall could change your life or may even be fatal. Our personal injury lawyers are experts in Florida legislation and can help you get the settlement you deserve.
We will make sure your future and current medical bills are covered, as well as any pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life. We also take into account the loss of income or inability to work due to injuries. We know your case needs relentless representation – let us provide it for you. Call us for a free consultation.