Florida Bicycle Accident Attorney
When a driver causes a bicycle accident and serious injuries or death result from the crash, the motorist who was responsible needs to compensate the victim. The victim, however, has the burden of taking legal action and pursuing a damage claim. This can be challenging, especially when you are coping with serious injuries or if your loved one has been killed in a bike accident and you are dealing with grief. The best way to protect your rights after a bicycle accident in Florida is to get help from an experienced bicycle accident attorney. At Steinger, Greene & Feiner, our lawyers have been helping injured victims and family members of those killed in bike accidents since 1997. Our attorneys are here and ready to help you to pursue a bike accident claim.
Recent Case Results
When Can You Pursue A Claim For A Florida Bicycle Accident?
Bicyclists and those whose loved ones are killed in a bike accident can take legal action against a driver whenever the driver was wholly or partially responsible for causing the accident. In order to make a bicycle accident claim, the injured victim will need to prove that:
- The driver did something negligent, careless or in violation of driving rules. Drivers have an obligation to be resonably safe and when a motorist falls short of living up to that obligation; this can be considered a breach of legal duty.
- The breach of legal duty was the direct cause of a bicycle accident. You must show that the driver’s behavior directly led to the bike crash.
- You sustained actual harm as a result of the bicycle accident. In other words, you’ll need to demonstrate that you sustained financial or physical loss or that you suffered harm because of the death of a loved one.
Drivers make many types of bad decisions and careless mistakes that lead to bicycle accidents, such as driving while intoxicated or drowsy; driving while distracted; speeding or failing to yield. These and other dangerous behaviors are all examples of situations where a bicycle accident attorney could help victims to pursue a claim for compensation.
Your Right To Compensation
Bicycle accident victims often sustain serious or even fatal injuries because the bike provides so little protection from the force and impact of a car crash. Unfortunately, there may be high medical expenses as a result and the bicyclist may experience significant pain and be unable to work. The driver responsible needs to cover all economic and non-financial losses that the bike accident causes, including compensation for:
- Past and future medical bills and treatment costs
- Lost income/lost wages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Emotional distress damages
A bicycle accident lawyer will help you pursue the full amount of compensation you are entitled to through either an out-of-court settlement or a lawsuit.
Contact A Florida Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
Bicycle riders should not be left with huge bills for their injuries, and the law in Florida ensures that this doesn’t happen. The driver who causes the crash must cover losses. Steinger, Greene & Feiner will help those harmed in bike accidents to protect their rights and get the money they need. Call or contact us online today to schedule a free consultation at one of our offices in Miami, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Port St. Lucie, Fort Myers, Orlando, Okeechobee and to learn more about how we can help with your bike accident claim.