Known for its massive jai alai court, fun-packed beaches, and fantastic antique shops, Dania Beach is a standout community even in the midst of so many other great south Florida cities. At the same time, traffic coming through I-95, the I-595 interchange, and highway 1 can all lead to some scary wrecks. Dania Beach is no stranger to car accidents as well as the devastating injuries they can cause.
If you have been hurt in a car accident on Dania Beach, you are likely concerned about how to pay for your medical bills and other expenses. You can file a claim for your injury costs under your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance under most circumstances. In some cases, you may be eligible to file a bodily injury liability (BIL) claim against any at-fault drivers who caused your accident.
Filing your claim and seeking the full amount of your damages can be difficult, but a car accident lawyer in Dania Beach can help.
Steinger, Greene & Feiner has been assisting injury victims in South Florida like you for nearly 20 years. Our Dania Beach car accident attorneys have extensive experience with helping injured people seek the maximum amount of compensation available for their losses. We have a history of winning large settlements and trial verdicts for our injured Florida clients.
Call (954) 302-7080 or contact us online now to schedule a free, no-obligation case review with a car accident attorney in Dania Beach today. We will answer your questions and tell you how you can seek the most money possible for your injuries.
What to Do If You Have Been Hurt in a Car Accident in Dania Beach
The first few hours and days after your car accident are crucial. You want to be sure you take all of the necessary steps to seek proper medical treatment and start the process of filing a strong insurance claim.
After your accident, take the following steps:
- Remain calm. Do not argue or fight with any other people involved
- Provide assistance if anyone is in immediate danger and you are able to assist them in any way
- Rapidly assess your health and the health of others before calling 911
- Report your accident and the number of injured people
- Remain at the accident scene until police responders arrive
- DO NOT ADMIT FAULT. Do not apologize for actions that could be interpreted as causing the accident. Do not accuse others of being at fault
- If you are able to move, take photos of the accident scene before moving the vehicles off the road
- Take photos of your injuries, and capture statements and contact info of any eyewitnesses
- Make a complete, accurate statement to police officers when they arrive
- Seek treatment as soon as you can after a report is filed; board an ambulance if you are seriously hurt
- Describe all of your injury symptoms accurately and completely to medical care providers
- Keep a copy of your discharge documents and medical billing information as well as receipts for any other accident-related expenses
- Follow all doctor’s orders for recovery
- Do not discuss your accident on social media or with anyone publicly
- Before you talk to insurers, talk to a car accident lawyer in Dania Beach who can help you prepare a strong claim seeking the full extent of your damages
Seek the Help of a Dania Beach Car Accident Attorney
Insurance companies will do everything they can to reduce the value of your claim — or deny it altogether. If possible, you want to be able to file a third-party BIL claim against any at-fault drivers so that you can get the most insurance coverage possible for your injuries. Otherwise, your PIP insurance will only pay 80% of your hospital bills and 60% of your lost wages up to a maximum of $10,000.
Third-party BIL claims pay for more, including the remaining part of your lost wages and hospital bills, as well as compensation for your pain and suffering. Not everyone in Florida carries BIL insurance, but smart drivers who don’t want to get sued do, and all commercial vehicles are required by Florida law to carry it (F.S. §324.021).
Steinger, Greene & Feiner wants to help you get the most compensation you can to pay for your injury costs and other accident-related losses. We vigorously pursue all at-fault parties and research all available avenues for you to seek all compensation available.
To speak with one of our experienced Dania Beach car accident lawyers, call (954) 302-7080 or contact us online today. You can schedule a free consultation to learn about your options and how to potentially start filing your claim as soon as possible.