Coral Gables Workers’ Compensation Attorney
No matter your occupation, workplace injuries are a serious concern that cause financial, emotional, and physical distress. If you were injured at work but your employer or insurance provider refuses to give you the compensation you deserve, contact a Coral Gables workers’ compensation lawyer at Steinger, Greene & Feiner. This is an unacceptable denial of benefits that needs to be dealt with legally. We can help you recover medical expenses and help you towards recovery.
Our lawyers will fight for the benefits you are entitled to under Florida workers’ compensation law,
- Filing a lawsuit against an employer’s insurance company if their doctor provided an inaccurate diagnosis
- Pursuing litigation against the insurance company if your regular wages were calculated inaccurately
Steinger, Greene & Feiner are dedicated to providing working families with the money they need to pay medical bills, make up for lost wages, and address the pain and suffering endured as a result of workplace injuries. To ensure you get the highest possible settlement for your worker’s compensation claim, be sure to contact one of our experienced specialists at the Steinger, Greene & Feiner personal injury law firm in Coral Gables.
If you’ve been injured and think you have a workers’ compensation case, contact Steinger, Greene & Feiner in Coral Gables. Call (800) 431-6841 today or visit our website today for a free case consultation.
Our Coral Gables workers’ compensation lawyers work diligently to recover the funds you need. Our expert attorneys recovered over $1,700,000 for two clients who were injured at their places of work. These cases are characteristic of the standard we hold ourselves to.
- Our attorneys recovered a $450,000 settlement for a client who needed multiple surgeries after they suffered an accident at their workplace.
- Our client was awarded $1.25 million in a settlement after they fell through the roof at a construction site.
My case couldn't have been handled better. It was handled in a timely manner - it wasn't rushed. If something ever happened again and I needed an attorney, Steinger, Greene & Feiner would be the first place I would go.
After an employee is injured at work, they can file a workers’ compensation claim against their employer’s insurance policy. These claims typically include coverage for:
- Medical office visits and ambulance transportation
- Physical therapy
- Prescription drugs
The employee then has the option to accept the payment or negotiate for a larger workers’ compensation settlement, which involves hiring an experienced lawyer. Again, if the parties cannot reach a settlement, the case will go to trial.
It is risky to try and take these steps on your own; even if you believe you have a firm idea of how to argue your case, you probably do not know what all to account for in handling the case. An experienced workers’ compensation attorney will help you negotiate a fair settlement for your injuries and help you estimate future medical costs.
That’s why it’s in your best interest to hire a knowledgeable lawyer. Call Steinger, Greene & Feiner today for a free case consultation. We’ve helped thousands of individuals and their families avoid financial disaster by getting them the money they need to pay bills and expenses.
Let Steinger, Greene & Feiner represent you in your Coral Gables workers compensation case.
AWARDS & MEMBERSHIPS
Types of Injuries
Thousands of workers’ compensation claims are filed in Florida every year. While many industries see high rates of workers’ compensation claims in Florida, the following are some of the most common in the state:
- Construction. There were 101 reported construction workers’ compensation claims in Florida in 2018.
- Transportation and utilities. A total of 67 individuals made transportation and utilities compensation claims in 2018.
- Waste services. There were 49 reported workers’ compensation claims for injuries in waste services in Florida in 2018.
- Warehousing. Thirty-five individuals made warehousing workers’ compensation claims in 2018.
Your chances of being injured increase if you work in an industry where materials are constantly moving around or if you transport objects over a distance. Some of the most frequent causes of workplace injuries are:
- Handling materials or objects. These make up 32% of workers’ compensation claims.
- Slipping, tripping, or falling. Sixteen percent of workers’ compensation claims are due to slips, trips, and falls.
- Being struck by an object. Ten percent of workplace injuries are due to falling objects.
- Straining or overuse. These make up 4% of workers’ compensation claims.
Yes, you can receive compensation as long as you were on work-related business when you were injured. For example, if you were traveling for business and were injured or running an errand for work, you will be covered. However, you will not be able to recover compensation if your accident resulted from self-inflicted injuries or injuries that occurred in the process of a crime.
- What does workers’ compensation cover other than medical bills?
In addition to hospital and medical bills, workers’ compensation provides you with disability payments during the time you are unable to work. These payments usually make up about two thirds of your salary.
Why Choose Us?
In the almost three decades since we began, Steinger, Greene & Feiner has helped thousands of victims who suffered workplace injuries in Florida. We work hard to award you with the compensation you and your family deserve. Our firm knows how to navigate the complicated insurance claims and denials process; let us fight for you and give you the money you need.
We know how to ensure you qualify for worker’s compensation, how much you are eligible to receive from your employers insurances and the average worker’s comp settlement awards. For over 25 years, we have fought for clients to ensure they get paid for their pain and suffering.
Call (800) 431-6841 today or visit us online for a consultation.