Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Coral Gables
For some, riding a motorcycle is a way to commute. For others, it’s a way to unwind and forget about the stresses of daily life. No matter why someone rides, they don’t expect that they will be the victim of an accident when they take to the open road. Sadly, this is what happens to thousands of riders each year.
As a trusted Coral Gables motorcycle accident lawyer team, we know that motorcycle wreck injuries can be debilitating and have lasting effects. Victims should be able to concentrate on their recovery, not on their declining financial stability. We believe that at-fault parties should be held accountable for their negligence. Reach out to our office today to schedule a free case evaluation.
Call (800) 431-6841 to discover more about your legal rights as the victim of a motorcycle accident.
We are proud of the results we have achieved for our clients. Your settlement or verdict will vary depending on the unique circumstances of your accident. To provide you with examples, our results have included:
- $11.1 million verdict in an Okeechobee motorcycle accident case
- $1.4 million settlement for motorcycle accident victim
- $1 million verdict for slip and fall victim
- $5.5 million verdict for crime victim
- $8.197 million verdict for truck accident victim
Relentless Representation for Coral Gables Motorcycle Accident Victims
At Steinger, Greene & Feiner, we know what it takes to win for our clients. We have been representing victims for more than two decades, holding negligent parties accountable for their poor decisions.
We don’t believe that any victim should face financial ruin. Unfortunately, that is exactly what can happen following an accident. Often, medical bills begin to pile up and returning to work is impossible. Call our office today to speak with a legal representative about your case. We promise to fight for you and protect your rights throughout every step of the legal process.
Types of Injuries
Injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident are often severe. A motorcycle simply cannot absorb the force of being struck by a larger vehicle. In many cases, riders and passengers are thrown from the bike, striking the ground or other stationary objects. Injuries commonly suffered in a motorcycle accident include:
- Torn ligaments
- Fractured or broken bones
- Spinal injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
In 2018, 4,985 people lost their lives from injuries sustained in motorcycle collisions. In some of these instances, death could have been avoided if a driver had been paying better attention.
Many people wonder how they can protect themselves when riding a motorcycle. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there are a few safety precautions you can take while on the road. These are:
- Wearing the proper protection
- Riding responsibly
- Maintaining sobriety
While you can’t control the actions of other drivers on the road, you can control your own. Not every precaution you take will protect you 100% of the time, but each will go a long way to helping prevent unnecessary accidents.
Types of Negligence That Can Cause a Motorcycle Accident
While some motorcycle accidents are caused by the decisions of the operator, many motorcycle riders are the victims of someone else’s negligence on the road. Common types of negligence that can lead to a motorcycle crash include:
- Following Too Closely: Riding too close to another car or truck can result in a fender bender, but bumping into a motorcycle can cause life-threatening injuries at any speed.
- Aggressive Lane Changes: People often act carelessly when passing or maneuvering around motorcycles. Motorcycles and other two-wheeled vehicles are entitled to their own lane, yet many drivers “lane split” when passing or just get far too close in general.
- Turning Left in Front of Oncoming Traffic: The biggest source of woe for motorcycles is a vehicle making a left turn in front of them, causing a “t-bone” collision. Many drivers have trouble estimating the speed and distance needed to turn past a motorcycle, leading them to turn right into the rider’s path.
- Driving Drowsy or Under the Influence: Driving requires you to be mentally and physically engaged. When a driver has been drinking, has been using drugs, or has not gotten enough sleep, they can make decisions that end up hurting motorcyclists.
- Failure to Yield Right of Way: Whether because they failed to see the motorcycle or they misjudged timing, many people will cut in front of motorcycles despite the latter having the right of way. This can lead to serious intersection collisions.
- Speeding: Speed is a factor in many motorcycle accidents, especially when both the injury victim and the other driver were speeding. Speeding not only makes an accident more likely but also more deadly.
Why Choose Steinger, Greene & Feiner as Your Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Coral Gables
We believe in the rights of motorcycle accident victims. We have won verdicts totaling in the millions for some of our clients, and we have accomplished this by making each case a priority.
Our Coral Gables personal injury lawyers fight relentlessly to achieve fair and equitable settlements and, when necessary, aren’t afraid to take a case in front of a judge and jury. We know the types of legal strategies to use in your case to ensure its success. Reach out to our office today to discover how we can put our knowledge and experience to work for you.