Coral Gables Brain Injury Lawyer
When you think of injuries, chances are that your mind turns to cuts and broken bones. Many people don’t think about brain injuries because they’ve never experienced one or known someone suffering from such a condition. The truth is, a brain injury can be one of the most catastrophic that you can incur.
A brain injury often occurs due to another’s negligence or misdeeds. For example, a car accident caused by a drunk driver can lead to traumatic brain injury. A slip and fall that occurs because the victim wasn’t warned about a wet floor can cause a brain injury, as can an act of deliberate violence.
No matter the events that led to a brain injury, if the cause is determined to be negligence or wrongdoing, the at-fault party must be held accountable. Call our office at (800) 316-8514 to discuss your case with a Coral Gables brain injury lawyer today.
Our Past Results
Results matter. Without the ability to achieve fair settlements and verdicts, our firm wouldn’t be representing clients. While your results cannot be exactly calculated because of the unique variables to your case, our results are an example of how hard we fight for our clients. Recent case results include:
- More than $1 million verdict for trip and fall victim
- $1.35 million verdict for slip and fall victim
- $5.5 million verdict for crime victim impacted by negligent security
- $8.197 million verdict for truck accident victim
My case couldn't have been handled better. It was handled in a timely manner - it wasn't rushed. If something ever happened again and I needed an attorney, Steinger, Greene & Feiner would be the first place I would go. Susan D.
My case couldn't have been handled better. It was handled in a timely manner - it wasn't rushed. If something ever happened again and I needed an attorney, Steinger, Greene & Feiner would be the first place I would go.
Relentless Representation for Coral Gables Brain Injury Victims
We know that you have your choice of representation in Coral Gables. What we would like you to know is that no firm will fight harder for your right to compensation for your losses. We will work tirelessly within the constraints of current Florida and federal law to ensure that you and your family receive what you deserve.
If negotiation does not lead to a settlement, we are not afraid to take your case to court and argue your rights in front of a judge and jury. You can be confident that your case will be a priority at our firm from the moment you hire us.
Awards & Memberships
Types of Brain Injuries
When it comes to brain injury, there are two main types: mild traumatic brain injury and severe traumatic brain injury. The most common type of mild traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a concussion. A severe TBI may be considered closed in cases in which the brain bounces against the skull, or penetrating in which an object pierces through the skull and into the brain.
Symptoms of a traumatic brain injury include:
- Slurred speech
- Changes in behavior
- Profound confusion
Symptoms of a traumatic brain injury range from mild to very serious. Any person who has sustained a blow to the head, no matter how minor, must seek medical attention for diagnosis and treatment.
How to Prevent Brain Injuries
Prevention of traumatic brain injury may include:
- Wearing your seatbelt
- Wearing helmets appropriate for your sport
- No-slip mats on slippery floors
- Safety gates at tops of stairs
It is rare for a traumatic brain injury to occur outside of some type of accident. When that accident is caused by negligence, the negligent party is legally responsible for compensating the victim.
Leading Causes of Traumatic Brain Injury
According to the National Institutes of Health, leading causes of traumatic brain injury include:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Serious accidents are likely to result in head trauma, especially when speeding or drunk driving are involved.
- Falls: Falls can occur from slipping, improper building maintenance, inadequate supervision of young children, or inadequate occupational care for older adults.
- Collisions with Objects: This can happen as a result of negligent professionals, improper building designs, lax safety practices, or a fall that results in a head impact.
- Sports Injuries: Sports injuries are a leading cause of TBI in young people.
- Assault: Assaults with a weapon or that result in grappling commonly result in a head impact with lasting consequences.
- Improper Work Protection: Many work environments are rife with head injury hazards, especially in construction. Demolition blasts, for instance, can cause subtle injuries that take time to present and diagnose.
Why Choose Steinger, Greene & Feiner’s Coral Gables Brain Injury Lawyers
You deserve to have a fair chance at being compensated for your financial losses following a traumatic brain injury in Coral Gables. At Steinger, Greene & Feiner, you and your family will become our priority from the moment you hire us.
We are not afraid to do what it takes to ensure you and your family are treated fairly. Call our Coral Gables personal injury law office today to discuss your case at no cost and with no obligation.