Coral Gables Birth Injury Lawyer
Thousands of healthy babies are born each day, delivered to parents who excitedly start life as a new family. Unfortunately, not all parents experience this. Instead, they must face fear and uncertainty. Their children are born with birth injuries they never even considered. The mother herself may also be injured during the delivery process.
These parents put their trust in medical professionals who failed to perform their jobs with the appropriate duty of care.
Some birth injuries can be healed in a matter of days or weeks. Others leave a child with lifelong conditions and disabilities. In any case of birth injury, parents have the right to be compensated for medical costs that are incurred immediately and those necessary for future treatment. We would like to discuss your case with you. Please call our office at (800) 431-6841 to speak with a Coral Gables birth injury lawyer.
We fight tirelessly for the rights of our clients and their families. Our results speak for themselves:
- $1.35 million verdict for slip and fall victim
- $1 million verdict for slip and fall victim
- $5.5 million verdict for shooting victim
- $13 million verdict for bicycle accident victim
- $11.1 million verdict for motorcycle accident victim
Your case may not be worth millions, but it doesn’t mean that we won’t make you a priority. We are proud to fight for any personal injury victim who chooses to hire our firm. We believe in your rights and are ready to represent you to our fullest capabilities.
Relentless Representation for Victims of Birth Injuries in Coral Gables
No two law firms are alike, and no law firm will fight for you like Steinger, Greene & Feiner will. When you choose to hire a Coral Gables birth injury lawyer from our office, you can rest assured that you have hired a legal advocate who will stop at nothing within the bounds of the law to ensure you are treated fairly.
A member of our legal team is waiting to speak with you about your case, at absolutely no cost right now.
Common Types of Birth Injuries
While several types of injuries can be acquired at birth, clavicle injuries are the most common. These can often be prevented by cesarean section, but that surgery has a host of its own potential complications.
Other common birth injuries include:
- Erb’s palsy
- Cerebral palsy
- Growth plate fractures
- Pelvic fractures
- Head trauma
- Strangulation and oxygen deprivation
Negligence is not involved in all cases of birth injury. However, when it is, the medical professionals found to be in error must be held accountable. No family should face financial difficulty due to someone’s poor decision making.
Common Types of Medical Negligence That Lead to Birth Injury
Medical professional’s negligence is not always the cause of birth injury. Some of these injuries cannot be avoided as the baby passes through the birth canal during labor and delivery. When doctors do cause injury to the newborn, it is most commonly due to:
- Misuse of forceps
- Misuse of vacuum
- Failure to order cesarean section
- Failure to observe difficulty during delivery
What Constitutes Malpractice in a Birth Injury Case?
Not every medical mistake or adverse outcome counts as medical malpractice, including in situations where a birth injury occurs. Unfortunately, an injury could have been preventable and caused by a physician’s poor judgment or carelessness, yet the case will still not count as medical malpractice. That is why it’s vital to contact a Coral Gables personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
In order to qualify as a medical malpractice case, a birth injury incident has to involve the following four factors:
- Duty to Provide a Standard of Care: Physicians are governed by countless rules, regulations, and laws. These include standard practices and guidelines for decision-making. Together, governing factors make up a standard of care the physician is expected to meet.
- Breach in Duty: For a medical mistake to be considered malpractice, the plaintiff has to establish that the care provider violated a specific rule, law, or practice guideline encompassed by their expected standard of care.
- Direct Causation: The breach in the provider’s duty must have been the direct cause of an injury.
- Damages: The injury caused by the provider’s negligence must have led to damages, including preventable medical costs or lifelong impairment.
Why Choose a Coral Gables Birth Injury Lawyer from Steinger, Greene & Feiner
Parents with newborns injured during birth may face lifelong challenges, as can mothers hurt by medical negligence during delivery. In cases where injuries can heal through medical intervention, parents are still faced with medical bills that may total into the tens of thousands.
We don’t believe that any family should have to make the choice between paying a medical bill and putting food on the table. Your Steinger, Greene & Feiner Coral Gables birth injury attorney will fight tirelessly for your family’s rights. Call our office today at (800) 431-6841 to find out how we can help you and your family begin to heal.