The Worker’s Compensation legal assistant handles a moderate to high-volume caseload; must be able to multi-task, prioritize and have excellent attention to detail while maintaining organization; must be a positive team-member with the ability to function in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
The Worker’s Compensation Legal Assistant will assist with all communications for and between the client, attorney, medical providers, lien holders, insurance companies; coordinate and manage medical treatment care for clients as necessary; escalate issues to the attorney as appropriate; gather all case related medical records and bills; prepare demands; monitor negotiations and offers; assist the attorney in medical bill and lien reductions; prepare settlement packets and coordinate client sign-outs.
List of Responsibilities
- Assist in all aspects of Worker’s Compensations cases from beginning to end
- Gather, analyze, and research information
- Communicating and corresponding with clients, lien holders, providers and others in the legal community
- Maintaining client files
- Review, analyze and summarize case files and medical records
- Preparing various legal documents, including demands
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Special Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with computers, telephone lines, and other related office equipment
- Must have strong organizational skills; be able to follow instructions, switch tasks quickly and meet deadlines.
- Must exercise sound judgment, work independently, and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and reporting skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- Follow up skills
- Ability to handle and keep client information confidential
- Proficiency with legal administration and writing
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to make judgement calls
- Expected to be highly accurate
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- A positive outlook and vision
- Must stand by the service we deliver
- Lifelong learner who enjoys improving knowledge
- Strong professionalism both in appearance and presentation
- Can work independently
- Ability to direct and facilitate conversations