Can you guess what’s the most important thing to maintain on your car is? That’s right–your tires. As a matter of fact, a new government report proves that as many as one in 20 auto accidents happen because of bad tires, reports the Farmington Hills network.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gives us these five important safety tips concerning tires:
1. Keep your tires properly inflated–Check your tire pressure monthly. Under-inflated tires can impact your ability to slow down, to steer, and to maneuver turns.
2. Replace worn tires–Tires with little tread may hydroplane on wet roadways. Worn tires can also lead to blow-outs, which can cause deadly accidents.
3. Have your wheels aligned–When your vehicle pulls to one side or another, get your alignment checked and remedied if needed.
4. Rotate your tires regularly–Regularly rotating your tires prevents them from wearing unevenly.
5. Inspect your tires monthly–Check to see if you have run over any debris or other road hazards that have damaged them.
Although it can be costly to maintain tires, it could cost you more not to maintain them. These five tips may make your car safer, improve handling, increase fuel economy, extend the life of your tires, and most importantly, save lives.
Have you or someone you know been injured in a Florida car accident caused by worn tires?
The Miami car accident lawyers at Steinger, Iscoe & Greene may be able to help.